Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Why no thread?

Anyway good win for Dimitrov.
I've notice there aren't a lot of match threads being put up for current matches. Maybe it reflects MTF posters general lack of interest in the clay court season?

Any win for Grigor is a good win. I actually thought he might get this one done in two sets, but that didn't work out.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've notice there aren't a lot of match threads being put up for current matches. Maybe it reflects MTF posters general lack of interest in the clay court season?

Any win for Grigor is a good win. I actually thought he might get this one done in two sets, but that didn't work out.
Not many Grigor threads either and his forum has gone silent. I guess that is normal after such a long rest of the shoulder and then somewhat slow re-start...

Lot's of positives from yesterday's match:

1) 71% First serve and a bunch of aces. Best news for me. It shows he is starting to get used to his new serve-motion (Finally! Halleluyah!!!)
2) Very solid BH.
3) Good returning and good use of the block-return.
4) Two super-hot hot-shots.

The only negative is that he didn't finish Nando in 2 and let him back into the match. Usual lack of concentration in key moments... However, we should give Verdasco some respect. He is a very dangerous player on clay and was firing off both wings some vicious shots at times.

I dare not say that Grigor is getting into form, as often with him we see a poor match after a good one, but the build-up after the relatively good MC for me is encouraging. Let's see how he fares against Jarry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts