Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easier win than in Valencia for David this time over Tommy. He had a bit of trouble maintaining his lead in the first set though.

BTW, I officially can't stand Robredo. :devil:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Easier win than in Valencia for David this time over Tommy. He had a bit of trouble maintaining his lead in the first set though.

BTW, I officially can't stand Robredo. :devil:
just what i was afraid of. he is going to give Nadal fits in the final.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Good result for tennis here, with Ferrer winning.

Pics will want to take revenge on Wawrinka, for the last time in Barcelona, he got done 2-6 6-2 6-1

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Good result for tennis here, with Ferrer winning.

Pics will want to take revenge on Wawrinka, for the last time in Barcelona, he got done 2-6 6-2 6-1
i am afraid that Ferru is in a great form right now and will take Wawrinka apart in straight sets. would like to see them go for 3 hours and 3 sets but may not happen.

Robredo is just useless. he can do nothing off that backhand wing except play defense or pass once every 20,000 years. you saw what Nalby did to him in Monte Carlo.

Ferru now emerges as one of the top threats on clay.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
I wouldn't say it was an easier match than in Valencia, in Valencia Ferrer took total control after the first set, here Robredo was in contention most of the time and the match took two hours. If anything the match was harder than expected for Ferrer.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
i am afraid that Ferru is in a great form right now and will take Wawrinka apart in straight sets. would like to see them go for 3 hours and 3 sets but may not happen.

Robredo is just useless. he can do nothing off that backhand wing except play defense or pass once every 20,000 years. you saw what Nalby did to him in Monte Carlo.

Ferru now emerges as one of the top threats on clay.

Ferru is an excellent player, and he's posted some great results in the last month. But, I really don't think he's playing as well as he can. He had a pretty poor start to the year. If you saw his matches in Valencia, he was making life very difficult for himself by hitting very uncharacteristic errors, especially off the backhand side. It's a testament to his fighting spirit and his ability to change things tactically that he's managed to win a lot of his recent matches.

·
124,507 Posts
Ferru is an excellent player, and he's posted some great results in the last month. But, I really don't think he's playing as well as he can. He had a pretty poor start to the year. If you saw his matches in Valencia, he was making life very difficult for himself by hitting very uncharacteristic errors, especially off the backhand side. It's a testament to his fighting spirit and his ability to change things tactically that he's managed to win a lot of his recent matches.
He is nowhere near the level he was at the 2nd part of 2007. If people want to see Ferrer devastating on clay, what he did in Båstad from the QFs onwards, then you will see what I mean.

He was average in Valencia, he hasn't been in great form at all, it's just now he is in the top 10, that and the fighting spirit are getting him over the line at the moment.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
He is nowhere near the level he was at the 2nd part of 2007. If people want to see Ferrer devastating on clay, what he did in Båstad from the QFs onwards, then you will see what I mean.

He was average in Valencia, he hasn't been in great form at all, it's just now he is in the top 10, that and the fighting spirit are getting him over the line at the moment.

he had a weak start but he is in form now. i disagree. i think he has improved his game and become much more assault minded. he is playing close to baseline and attacking as much as possible. he is also not afraid to come into the net to try to end points that are begging to be ended.

his wins over Nalby at the last Open and his wins over Roddick (once in cincy and once in shanghai) and Nadal(once at the open and once in shanghai) attest to his improved status. he is different player now than a few years ago. numbers dont lie in his case.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
he had a weak start but he is in form now. i disagree. i think he has improved his game and become much more assault minded. he is playing close to baseline and attacking as much as possible. he is also not afraid to come into the net to try to end points that are begging to be ended.

his wins over Nalby at the last Open and his wins over Roddick (once in cincy and once in shanghai) and Nadal(once at the open and once in shanghai) attest to his improved status. he is different player now than a few years ago. numbers dont lie in his case.
Is Ferrer your new bandwagon player? Last month it was Djokovic and look what happened.

Ferrer should retire now.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Is Ferrer your new bandwagon player? Last month it was Djokovic and look what happened.

Ferrer should retire now.
not really. i think he is in form now and will make a serious run at this title. Nadal--by his own admission--is not at the same level he was last year at this time.

he continues to struggle with holding serve and with break point opportunities. he is just not as sharp off the ground as he was las year at this time. it is easy to see.

he got a lot of help from Fed in that Monte Carlo final. when is the last time you saw him with 44 unforced errors in just 2 sets.

it is obvious now that Nadal has to find a way to lift his game. he will be ok at Roland Garros because of the best of 5 sets foremat. in best of 3 sets foremat, if you lose the first set, the match can get away from you. he has to be careful.

·
124,507 Posts

Stop it. I watched his QF matches onwards in Valencia and in Monte Carlo. He has improved from the end of the AO, he wasn't playing well, but he is not in great form at all .

Like I said if you want to watch Ferrer in top form on clay then watch what he did to Simon, Volandri and Almagro in Båstad. You can't comment on his recent form, when you have not seen his matches.

I am talking about right now, his level is not at it was from July 2007 onwards and any reasonable person who has watched his matches this year would say the same.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Stop it. I watched his QF matches onwards in Valencia and in Monte Carlo. He has improved from the end of the AO, he wasn't playing well, but he is not in great form at all .

Like I said if you want to watch Ferrer in top form on clay then watch what he did to Simon, Volandri and Almagro in Båstad. You can't comment on his recent form, when you have not seen his matches.

I am talking about right now, his level is not at it was from July 2007 onwards and any reasonable person who has watched his matches this year would say the same.
simon and volandri were nothing then on dirt and they are nothing now. even Almagro is just now coming into his own.

why do you ignore the obvious? is it not clear enough to you that Ferru is a significantly improved player in the last 2 years.

look at his wins and look at his record. also look at his rankings. how much proof do you need? who expected him to make the finals of a masters cup year ago.

better wake up.

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
how can ferrer not be in
''great form at all''
incredible comment from PMK, who normally talks alot of sense.

His performance in the valencia final against almagro was stuff of legend.

Yes he has been poor on the hardcourt swing but he has made up for it during the clay swing with some awesome performances/comebacks.

I watched all of his matches live in valencia and monte carlo and he has been terrific, always winning the big points, never giving up, fighting, making no errors in big situations and forcing the play.

this guy is in great form, no doubt.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts