Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,689 Posts
Strange result overall, but Munar has been lacklustre in Challengers big times even in the past, so not a surprise.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Collarini was a huge prospect for argentina alomg with olivo and velotti. Its really weird that none of them succeded.
Indeed, this was supposed to be a new golden generation for Argentina, boys born in 1992 : Velotti, Collarini, Olivo, Arguello, Kicker....and finally... it is Diego Schwartzman who made it, and nobody expected him to succeed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Indeed, this was supposed to be a new golden generation for Argentina, boys born in 1992 : Velotti, Collarini, Olivo, Arguello, Kicker....and finally... it is Diego Schwartzman who made it, and nobody expected him to succeed.
I personally had some legendary battles with Olivo when I was a junnior. The guy was a beast, we trained together for years. I don't know what happened, but he was top 10 material. He had really easy power and the best hand ever.

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
13,033 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I personally had some legendary battles with Olivo when I was a junnior. The guy was a beast, we trained together for years. I don't know what happened, but he was top 10 material. He had really easy power and the best hand ever.
I like Renzo very much, I follow him a lot, I think he has a problem with his serve, he is making too many double faults, and it is also a mental problem, I guess. I still hope he can return one day in the top 100.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like Renzo very much, I follow him a lot, I think he has a problem with his serve, he is making too many double faults, and it is also a mental problem, I guess. I still hope he can return one day in the top 100.
Yes, it is mainly a mental problem. In juniors he used to be top 5 and he couldn't handle very well the transition to the pro tour, and that weakened him a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts