Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A+ effort from RCB today. :yeah: Only dropped first and last service game of the match, and saved many BPs especially in the second set (3 straight games of BPs) with very clutch serves and shots. Kei really should have broken earlier in the 2nd though.

I thought Kei played decently all considered despite ROS stats a bit poor (the BP conversion in particular). There were rough patches but he never allowed the game to run away from him (it easily could have gone to 3), and the match was tight as RCB served quite well as the match wore on and stayed tough. The crowd got their money's worth, really enjoyable and well contested match in general.

Kei's hitting does look a lot more reminiscent of better days, the FH was hardly making mistakes and penetrating the court well. BH was a bit up and down though RCB kept the rallies alive longer than expected.

The match will Medvedev will be interesting. Kei defeated him in straights at Monte Carlo last year and at Brisbane they had quite a tussle.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Kei played well overall, except on break points. He had breakpoints in each of RCB’s first three service games in the second set, but couldn’t convert. Second set could have been a bagel, had he taken his chances. Overall, a good match by both guys.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Kei did well, especially after Baena saved a trilllion BPs in the 2nd set and seemed to be surging in confidence...I thought it was going to 3 until Kei wrong footed the Spaniard and caused him to twist his ankle or something. Match against Medvedev will be telling. I'm ok with Kei peaking here, bowing out early in Madrid then peak again for Rome.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I think he's getting there. Let's hope he doesn't get another injury.
Yeah, that's always a concerns when it comes to Kei. As soon as he plays him back into the good shape, he gets some random knock. Hopefully he'll be able to string several months of good health.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts