Kei :woohoo:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Kei needs to win a masters or slam next

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Easiest match of Nishikori's life... Ferrer would have beaten him here though.

·
Banned
923 Posts
:yawn:

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
Re: Barcelona F: Nishikori def. Andujar 6-4 6-4

Disaster games at *4-5 both sets
Yeah, Andujar played better than the indonesian for the most part of the match, but folded at the end of both sets. Had 30-0 and lost both games. :lol:

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Barcelona, the city where diminutive geniuses thrive: Messi, Iniesta, Nishikori... very good week from Kei to secure his 9th career title, second consecutive in Barcelona. Let's see what he can do in Madrid, Rome and especially Roland Garros, let's hope this is not Kei's last clay title this year :yeah:

Great week for Andujar, he played really well here and made it quite tough for Nishikori. His only problem today was his serve, which is a big liability against a returner of Nishikori's caliber. Still a great result for him, which should do wonders for his ranking for the next 12 months.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Andujar played with a lot of intensity and desire, and frankly had Nishikori a bit rattled and rushed. However, he found enough quality to come from a break down and 2-4 in the second set to wrap things up.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Well done, now it's time to regain back a top 4 spot.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,592 Posts
Booyah!!! A successful title defence in Nadal's home turf. :worship: Pablo :hug: Here are some of your thoughts from earlier about the draw for the retrospective lols...

i dont see kei making the final here unless he's on from the very start..which he has yet to be this year. i dont see kei winning this, think he loses early if he keeps playing the way he has been. then again if he plays anywhere like he did last year here he could win again. think this goes to nadal or maybe ferrer. i'd rank the top 5 chances like this: 1. nadal 2. Ferrer 3. nishikori(if he plays well, if not put giraldo in this spot) 4. Cilic 5. ..fognini or dolgpolov
My predictions: Ferrer will beat Klizan in the final.
Nishikori has a good draw, but he will not reach final IMO. Even if he does, he will lose to Nadal/Ferrer. Don`t see anyone past this two to win, probably Nadal.
I've got a feeling Giraldo is going to spring an upset here.
Nishikori is clearly the more talented shotmaker so RBA wins in 2.
That totally makes sense! :spit:
Kilzan to redline tomorrow and crush Nishikori. Vamos!
Klizi to save tennis from mongolian pusher.
Klizan in 2.
Pablo to save the pride of Spanish tennis on Spanish clay.
Sorry... :hug:
Andujar beat Nishikori in straight sets the last time they played on clay and there's no reason why he can't do it again. Andujar to save tennis in two tight sets. :yeah:
Aha guys... :spit: Why can't we just a little bit of faith in the defending champion and new Asian clay GOAT?!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Congratulations, Kei on the successful defense of your title in Barcelona! Great playing this year so far!

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Booyah!!! A successful title defence in Nadal's home turf. :worship: Pablo :hug: Here are some of your thoughts from earlier about the draw for the retrospective lols...

That totally makes sense! :spit:

Sorry... :hug:

Aha guys... :spit: Why can't we just a little bit of faith in the defending champion and new Asian clay GOAT?!
Good stuff :lol:

As a reknowned New Zealander philosopher always says though, fate ends delusions. Always.

Shame Kei didn't get to face Nadal in the final here, would have been a better test of his form ahead of RG... in any case, he should get a crack at Djokovic/Nadal in the upcoming Masters.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
PBA played pretty well too with some nice redirection of balls like Kei. He is a quality player and looks like a nice guy. (face not bad too :p)
Dont mind seeing more of him

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Very good match. Andujar played really well.
Amazing game on 4*-5 in 1st set by Kei. 3 Winners.
Andujar was little bit tired in 2nd, i think.
That return BH winner on MP :worship: (endless loop worthy)

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
NID. Nishikori coming through the draw easy and retaining his title. Masters title incoming :yippee:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts