Marach/Oswald AUT v. Monroe/Sitak USA/NZL

Fleming/Marray GBR v. Pavic/Venus CRO/NZL
Stakhovsky/Troicki UKR/SRB v. [4] Huey/Lipsky PHI/USA
Guccione/Sa AUS/BRA v. [WC] Copil/Ungur ROU
Baghdatis/Youzhny CYP/RUS v. [2] Bopanna/Mergea IND/ROU

·
MONSOON season.
82,210 Posts
Looks like Pavic/Venus are striking up a regular partnership?

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
238 Posts
same 1st rd as 2013:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

·
MONSOON season.
82,210 Posts
Klizan/Qureshi :confused:

They beat Junaid/Shamasdin 7-5 6-3

·
21,310 Posts
Qureshi has been reduced to partnering with Klizan :facepalm:

His ranking has fallen to 50! Last time he was so low was almost 5 years ago. After playing IW with Raonic he has had to resort to playing challengers. Couple of bad loses there too. Lost to Galdas/Pella with Fyrstenberg and then in Houston lost to Daniell/Giraldo with Erlich.

Things are not looking good for him :eek:

·
MONSOON season.
82,210 Posts
Ungur demolishing opponents in doubles :spit:

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Great win in the first round for Max and Feli today. Max has virtually no points to defend for the rest of the season, so it can only go up from here. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well I watched all the matches today :

I think Matkowski/Zimonjic deserved the win but Lopez/Mirnyi were better at key points. Great serves for both pairs but the important moment was 4-4 0-30 and 4-5 30-30, when spaniard and bielorrusian were more solid. Also in the STB with the support of the crowd
Matkowski the best player in the match without any doubt, thing that surprised me, and Mirnyi was much more better than Feli

Draganja/Kontinen amazing 1st set. Carreño very very bad, like always in doubles, Kyrgios without motivation and Carreño without level to play this match. Second set was better. Marin and Henkka very good level also

Granollers/Lopez so easy and they could lose less games. Roca and Gerard have itf level and they aren't in a good shape. And Marcel knows very well the game of his brother. The change of court was better for the best pair

Peya/Soares surprised me. They were amazing at deciding points against a good pair like Colombians (Farah was watching the match in the players zone). Hope they can improve the last results

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Ungur demolishing opponents in doubles :spit:
Guccione C. / Sa A vs Copil M. / Ungur A. (WC) 1-6 2-6
What a beatdown by the homeplayers.
And it was a very great match ,surprisingly . IDK where that came from but could beat even Bopanna/Mergea tomorrow if the play like that again :unsure:.

Tecau/Rojer had to withdraw :sad: . Tecau had a severe tendinitis after the Monte Carlo match and he didn't train after that till this morning at all ....... Maybe she should have retired after 2 games and let Grigoriu/Paval go as they couldn't beat Alternates Lajovic/Schwartzman :(

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
82,210 Posts
And it was a very great match ,surprisingly . IDK where that came from but could beat even Bopanna/Mergea tomorrow if the play like that again :unsure:.

Tecau/Rojer had to withdraw :sad: . Tecau had a severe tendinitis after the Monte Carlo match and he didn't train after that till this morning at all ....... Maybe she should have retired after 2 games and let Grigoriu/Paval go as they couldn't beat Alternates Lajovic/Schwartzman :(

Wow :eek: I am shocked. Ungur does not have the game to do well in doubles.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Wow :eek: I am shocked. Ungur does not have the game to do well in doubles.
On the contrary I would say. He would make a very good one. He was the best out of the 4 actually. Here are 40 sec. Highlights , but not saying much http://m.digisport.ro/Sport/TENIS/Victorie+clara+pentru+Copil+si+Ungur+la+BRD+Nastase-Tiriac+Troph

He had 5 consecutive CH doubles finals till the end of January (4 consecutive won) which I think are still on the ATP CH live stream website if you want. He also said these days that he would like to focus more on doubles (bad for Davis Cup though :( ).

Anyway, you can see him tomorrow Not Before 6pm Bucharest time . He could be motivated as he said he was waiting for his match but he could also throw a f*ck this sh*t Fognini day :) as they resemble a little here (bad attitude sometimes, lot of talent for both , none making the most of it, especially Ungur :sad:)

·
MONSOON season.
82,210 Posts
On the contrary I would say. He would make a very good one. He was the best out of the 4 actually. Here are 40 sec. Highlights , but not saying much http://m.digisport.ro/Sport/TENIS/Victorie+clara+pentru+Copil+si+Ungur+la+BRD+Nastase-Tiriac+Troph

He had 5 consecutive CH doubles finals till the end of January (4 consecutive won) which I think are still on the ATP CH live stream website if you want. He also said these days that he would like to focus more on doubles (bad for Davis Cup though :( ).

Anyway, you can see him tomorrow Not Before 6pm Bucharest time . He could be motivated as he said he was waiting for his match but he could also throw a f*ck this sh*t Fognini day :) as they resemble a little here (bad attitude sometimes, lot of talent for both , none making the most of it, especially Ungur :sad:)

Let me rephrase: nothing in his singles game suggests to me that he would make a good doubles player.

I like him though :yeah: He looks done in singles, so maybe the shift to doubles will be good.

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
Bopanna/Mergea losing to Copil/Ungur in straights :eek: Not good signs. Won't be surprised if Mergea will start to regret breaking up with Inglot

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Bopanna/Mergea losing to Copil/Ungur in straights :eek: Not good signs. Won't be surprised if Mergea will start to regreat breaking up with Inglot
Not that surprising minding how Copil/Ungur played in the 1st match. They played well today as well (but not like on Tuesday) even though Bopanna/Mergea were not feeling the game. Hope they keep playing well and maybe win the title. :)

Yup, 3 consecutive losses when they were favourite on paper is not great .At least they weren't Mandatory tournaments. This is the worst start out of the last partners though, for Mergea :sad:

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
The thing is I don't get why Mergea broke up with Inglot and whose decision was it in the first place

I mean they played a bit at the end of 2014 without great succes but in 2015 the results were really solid

Final in Auckland (lost to Klaasen/Paes)
QF in Melbourne (beat Bryans on the road)
Final in Montpellier (lost to Daniell/Sitak, this was disappointing missing match points)
QF in Rotterdam
SF in Dubai (beat Bryans on the road)
QF in IW
1st round loss to Rojer/Tecau in Miami

I mean there was nothing spectacular but these are all solid results. They should've staid together

1 - 20 of 38 Posts