Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Re: Barca R3: Rafa Nadal defeats good friend Feliciano Lopez 64 64

Rafa, if you're going to bitch about the schedule, it would make more sense to take less time to beat clowns like Lalo :silly:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Chela, is now the next victim.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts

Rafa, if you're going to bitch about the schedule, it would make more sense to take less than 2 hours to beat clowns like Lalo :silly:
And so he did :worship: barely 1h45 minutes.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never started so many threads in one day :lol: actually I think I started more threads in GM today than I've ever done :tape:

Holiday :worship:

·
This space for rent.
612 Posts
Make that , 6-4 6-3, if only for accuracy's sake.

Rafa's now 100-1 in his last 101 matches on clay.

Vamos!

·
Registered
770 Posts
7 games isn't bad for Lopez. I predicted 4 total. :lol:

There was some good rallies in this match, and they were just banging the ball back and forth at times. Feli actually his some really good backhands, and his forehand can always be massive at times. He basically said before the match that he knew he wouldn't win, but he wanted to find some more form to be better prepared for RG. I think he did that.

Rafa made it through this match, even though I'm sure he was miserable during it.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts

Rafa, if you're going to bitch about the schedule, it would make more sense to take less time to beat clowns like Lalo :silly:

affirmative. nearly 2 hours is what it took. its time to hit the practice courts. he is not sharp enough off the ground yet. he was in better form last year at this time.

that said, it is now 100 match wins on clay in his last 101 matches.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
seriously, this one was almost an exo :lol:

·
This space for rent.
612 Posts
Bit surprised to see Feli using his topspin BH way more than his usual slice. Mind you, he was hitting them as well as he can but I thought he'd benefit more by playing his slice some more -- Nadal was just teeing-off Feli's pace.

Oh well, not that the end result would have been any different...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Sigh... I know you're trying to go easy on your buddies Rafa, but I'm a bit concerned how long these routine matches at Barca are taking to complete :(

·
This space for rent.
612 Posts
Great to see how gay jokes are still all the furor amongst teenagers. Just so freakin' original too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sigh... I know you're trying to go easy on your buddies Rafa, but I'm a bit concerned how long these routine matches at Barca are taking to complete :(
I don't think that the problem for Rafa is the physical time spent on court, but the mental exhaustion, he sad so himself. That he finds that more taxing. So I think that as long as he can get away with it, he wouldn't play at his 100%, so he gets something left in the trunk for all the other matches he has to win.
An hour and a half on court on clay a day is normal for him.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts