Mens Tennis Forums banner

981 - 1000 of 1017 Posts

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Do you have any place you'd like to visit in Asia?
Ha! What a question. Asia is home to mightiest mountains on Earth: Himalayas and Karakoram ranges. Trekking there is obviously the biggest goal for a mountain fan like me. I've been studying maps of these regions for some time. I'm kinda geography nerd since my early days and I wanted to go there ever since I won a book about Himalayas following a geographic contest at the age of 10. Hopefully I will go there rather sooner than later.

Obviously there are a lot of amazing regions like other big mountain ranges (i.e. the Caucasus, Tian Shan and Pamir), Siberia (esp. Baikal lake and Altai mountains), Tibet and islands in south-eastern Asia. Maybe I'll visit China one day :)

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Ha! What a question. Asia is home to mightiest mountains on Earth: Himalayas and Karakoram ranges. Trekking there is obviously the biggest goal for a mountain fan like me. I've been studying maps of these regions for some time. I'm kinda geography nerd since my early days and I wanted to go there ever since I won a book about Himalayas following a geographic contest at the age of 10. Hopefully I will go there rather sooner than later.

Obviously there are a lot of amazing regions like other big mountain ranges (i.e. the Caucasus, Tian Shan and Pamir), Siberia (esp. Baikal lake and Altai mountains), Tibet and islands in south-eastern Asia. Maybe I'll visit China one day :)
Better soon as the glaciers are melting every year as you know. I rarely travel in Asia or even China and have not been to any of the places you mentioned above shamefully. If I have long holidays, I prefer to travel farther.

By the way, what a sad state of affairs it is only the two of us are left in this miserable clique...not to mention I could go AWOL again at any time.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Better soon as the glaciers are melting every year as you know. I rarely travel in Asia or even China and have not been to any of the places you mentioned above shamefully. If I have long holidays, I prefer to travel farther.

By the way, what a sad state of affairs it is only the two of us are left in this miserable clique...not to mention I could go AWOL again at any time.
When it comes to me it's the other way around. I gradually increase distance: I started with my country, then Europe. China alone is so big that one can travel there for a year ;) There is so much to see in central and eastern Asia.

Don't worry, better times will come for the clique. But don't leave me, a dictator can't be alone, he needs people to rule :LOL:

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
wow 1917 winning the best motion picture - drama at golden globes is a huge shocker, thought either of marriage story or the irishman got in the bag. no idea since I haven't seen it yet, will present my verdict once I do.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
how are you doing dear, back home in HK following your Melbourne adventure? You truly are a backpacker, aren't you?
Yep. Traveled back home after the Final. People are anxious about the coronavirus here and I've been affected by that a bit. Having quite a lot of free time since most of us including me are asked to work from home. However it really sucks I can't play tennis as all sports facilities are also closed.

I always go backpacking. I used to do it in true style, staying in a hostel in some 10-people room and cook most of the time to save money. Now I can afford airbnbs and sometimes a budget room in a hotel so those were the days, but I still stick with my backpack as I have mastered the skill of minimum packing with it.

Shamefully I mostly travel to "safe" cities and haven't really left my comfort zone. Would love to visit Middle Asia, South America etc. someday.

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts
Yep. Traveled back home after the Final. People are anxious about the coronavirus here and I've been affected by that a bit. Having quite a lot of free time since most of us including me are asked to work from home. However it really sucks I can't play tennis as all sports facilities are also closed.

I always go backpacking. I used to do it in true style, staying in a hostel in some 10-people room and cook most of the time to save money. Now I can afford airbnbs and sometimes a budget room in a hotel so those were the days, but I still stick with my backpack as I have mastered the skill of minimum packing with it.

Shamefully I mostly travel to "safe" cities and haven't really left my comfort zone. Would love to visit Middle Asia, South America etc. someday.
What is your tennis style Clearwaters?

You can take the place of Spectator75 if you believe in yourself.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
What is your tennis style Clearwaters?

You can take the place of Spectator75 if you believe in yourself.
My tennis style? I'm a pusher and everything opposite to Federer's. Couldn't volley (especially) if my life depended on it. Wish to work on it when the courts are open again.

Spec has this mix of sophistication, femininity, and freshness she brought to the forum that made her popular. Isn't she some kind of therapist in real life too? That's tough to beat. It's a shame she left the forum.

Btw Kowchi I hope you've made up your mind about the mod application.

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts
My tennis style? I'm a pusher and everything opposite to Federer's. Couldn't volley (especially) if my life depended on it. Wish to work on it when the courts are open again.

Spec has this mix of sophistication, femininity, and freshness she brought to the forum that made her popular. Isn't she some kind of therapist in real life too? That's tough to beat. It's a shame she left the forum.

Btw Kowchi I hope you've made up your mind about the mod application.
Volleys are much easier then you think. Just get up there , split step and leave your arm loose and rotate with body.

Dont doubt yourself, you are very fresh, intelligent and more loveable then you think.

? What do you mean?

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Volleys are much easier then you think. Just get up there , split step and leave your arm loose and rotate with body.

Dont doubt yourself, you are very fresh, intelligent and more loveable then you think.

? What do you mean?
Thanks for the compliment Kowchi. Can't believe after almost 4 years on the forum I'm still considered as fresh lol. The hiatuses in the past years possibly helped.

I do know how to volley but I find it difficult to execute it in matches. It is a mental barrier for me, since I almost always lose points whenever I approach the net so I don't go there. I know, it's a shame for me as a Fed tard 🤦

I was asking if you were going to apply for the mod position as you mentioned in GM -Not that you have to tell me, just hope a decision has been made as you sounded undetermined last time.

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Kowchi. Can't believe after almost 4 years on the forum I'm still considered as fresh lol. The hiatuses in the past years possibly helped.

I do know how to volley but I find it difficult to execute it in matches. It is a mental barrier for me, since I almost always lose points whenever I approach the net so I don't go there. I know, it's a shame for me as a Fed tard 🤦

I was asking if you were going to apply for the mod position as you mentioned in GM -Not that you have to tell me, just hope a decision has been made as you sounded undetermined last time.
You are fresh like an apple. Crisp , but turn bad when the worms come to bother you.

We all have mental barriers in our lives, tennis is the worst one. The thing to do with yourself is force yourself to move your feet. When we have mental barriers we turn into statues.

Tough choices on the mod application, I will run if you will be my vice moderator.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
You are fresh like an apple. Crisp , but turn bad when the worms come to bother you.

We all have mental barriers in our lives, tennis is the worst one. The thing to do with yourself is force yourself to move your feet. When we have mental barriers we turn into statues.

Tough choices on the mod application, I will run if you will be my vice moderator.
Are there worms that still can bother me? I believe extremely rare now, especially since my archrival Boss was banned.

Terrible choice. I'm not the easiest person to work (unless we could agree to disagree), which is one of the reasons I am not thinking about becoming a mod. Don't want to run the risk if that would not sit well with the existing team. A few years back I would have gladly taken on the chance and try to blend in but now it is too big of a commitment for me. And I had an infraction in the past, mods probably would direct my application to the trash bin right away so I won't bother:p!

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts
Are there worms that still can bother me? I believe extremely rare now, especially since my archrival Boss was banned.

Terrible choice. I'm not the easiest person to work (unless we could agree to disagree), which is one of the reasons I am not thinking about becoming a mod. Don't want to run the risk if that would not sit well with the existing team. A few years back I would have gladly taken on the chance and try to blend in but now it is too big of a commitment for me. And I had an infraction in the past, mods probably would direct my application to the trash bin right away so I won't bother:p!
You mean subordinate. Boss was the boss. No one beat the boss, all arguments were won and decided by Boss, we were never worthy.

Come on. How votable is the Clearwaters Kowchi ticket? My muggery and charismatic ease , with your level headed and apple like freshness. We are blind to make MTF a better place.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
You mean subordinate. Boss was the boss. No one beat the boss, all arguments were won and decided by Boss, we were never worthy.

Come on. How votable is the Clearwaters Kowchi ticket? My muggery and charismatic ease , with your level headed and apple like freshness. We are blind to make MTF a better place.
You're right. Boss really was the boss :worship :

A Fedtard on board? MTF would riot. You'd do better without me. And it's a sign you should send in your application if you are only uncomfortable with the idea of going on board as probably the only new mod - just go for it, man. I feel that you want to give it a shot. It's better to try than to wonder if you could have done it in the future.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts

A Fedtard on board? MTF would riot. You'd do better without me. And it's a sign you should send in your application if you are only uncomfortable with the idea of going on board as probably the only new mod - just go for it, man. I feel that you want to give it a shot. Try to make your vision come true.

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts

A Fedtard on board? MTF would riot. You'd do better without me. And it's a sign you should send in your application if you are only uncomfortable with the idea of going on board as probably the only new mod - just go for it, man. I feel that you want to give it a shot. It's better to try than to wonder if you could have done it in the future.

I was a mod about 6 months before you joined. Did about a year.

981 - 1000 of 1017 Posts