Mens Tennis Forums banner

941 - 958 of 958 Posts

·
7,621 Posts
You should start wearing "KAndy for President" or IBM shirts when you wander in Europe or any place so I won't miss an MTF legend when I do my travel next time.
Oh girl, what a fantastic idea! I need now hoodies, shirts and underpants with ‘KAndy for President’ on them. That’s gonna be my merch which nobody but myself gonna buy

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Oh girl, what a fantastic idea! I need now hoodies, shirts and underpants with ‘KAndy for President’ on them.
Lol

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Hey

supercell, your pics are amazing, just like stuff from tourism sites. Thank you 😊

·
Chaos Theory
51,548 Posts
View attachment 352808

I only have this to share. At the top of the Shrine of Remembrance which I climbed 3 flights of stairs to capture Melbourne City
Twas there 1.5 months ago to attend a gaming conference. It's a really neat site. The tram network is very handy, I didn't have to pay anything in the city.

Familiar site?

I love green areas, parks in between big buildings/skyscrapers. That shows the big contrast of our lives.
funny you say this because I went to a dementia prevention conference in October and one of the invited speakers did a talk on trying to increase green spaces in order to promote mental health. I thought it was pretty brilliant and original. Incidentally he found trees were important. Without trees, having green lawns didn't have quite the same psychological impact.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Another picture taken in a mountain, from Tomlishorn peak looking to Mount Pilatus and overlooking various lakes across Switzerland. It's a shame more time was spent waiting to take the cogwheel train for the ride up to the mountain than actually hiking in it... the panoramic view was breathtaking on the peak and the walk to there from the station was slightly over 30 minutes, quite easy except the last part of ascending to the very top where it was steep and a bit slippery. The scenery was unique and I actually never saw anything like that. I was also lucky enough to have seen three alpine Ibex along the way, even the local stopped and watched them in joy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I thi
I love green areas, parks in between big buildings/skyscrapers. That shows the big contrast of our lives.
i think genetically we all feel more calm and at ease with nature. I love the fact that Melbourne city has beautiful parks and gardens.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Another picture taken in a mountain, from Tomlishorn peak looking to Mount Pilatus and overlooking various lakes across Switzerland. It's a shame more time was spent waiting to take the cogwheel train for the ride up to the mountain than actually hiking in it... the panoramic view was breathtaking on the peak and the walk to there from the station was slightly over 30 minutes, quite easy except the last part of ascending to the very top where it was steep and a bit slippery. The scenery was unique and I actually never saw anything like that. I was also lucky enough to have seen three alpine Ibex along the way, even the local stopped and watched them in joy.
Amazing visibility! The air was so clear that half of Switzerland could've been observed (I see various ranges here). If you wanted a longer hike you could've walked from Luzern but this is a few hours of solid uphill workout (with 1600+ vertical meters) :p

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
If you wanted a longer hike you could've walked from Luzern but this is a few hours of solid uphill workout (with 1600+ vertical meters) :p
I can play tennis for a few hours but even that is too much for me.

That's the last day I enjoyed good weather in Switzerland until the last day I left from Interlaken.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
I can play tennis for a few hours but even that is too much for me.
You are underratng yourself. If you can play tennis for a few hours (which is interval type of excercise) I think you would be able to perform long steady uphill workout without any problems (maybe going faster than me). Especially low body mass helps in this situation (more watts per kilogram directly translates into vertical velocity). When doing long uphill trek you just need to set you own tempo (no rush, breath control) and make breaks if needed. Hydration and eating are important but that's obvious.

·
Registered
27,104 Posts
I can't wait to take a selfie when big Novak's bronze statue erects in Melbourne Park.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
941 - 958 of 958 Posts