Mens Tennis Forums banner

901 - 920 of 958 Posts

·
The special one
13,500 Posts
it’s very promising isn’t it?

I hope for a strong AO return
Welcome back. You probably thought the world has turned upside down when you saw the new MTF website :LOL: I'm still very much in the getting used to it mode.

As for Andy, his chances at AO are very draw dependent, he's unseeded so could end up facing one of the top seeds in R1, so could lose his first match, or he could just as easily get a good draw at still be in the competition at the beginning of week 2. Hopefully his ranking climbs high enough for him to be seeded come Wimbledon. Of course praying he seats injury free and I believe he should skip clay completely, thats what's best for his hip imo.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #903
It's been a GOAT comeback.

He started off shaky losing early in a few tournaments. He then skipped USO to play a challenger in Majorca and won a couple of matches before losing to a compete nobody.

China swing got better, he won matches in all 3 tournaments, beat Berrettini in one of them and lost in Shanghai to Fognini in a very bad tempered match where Andy twice failed to serve for the match.

Antwerp was his 4th tournament in successive weeks, he won his first couple of matches comfortably, but from QFs onwards were all gruelling 3 setters and he looked down and out against Stan, lost the first set and was a break down in the decider, but still won it.
You must be stoked for 2020 now. I just read an article where Murray said he felt he could take on the best again.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #904
Y'all should go watch Parasite (Gisaengchung) by Joon-ho Bong, it absolutely blew my mind.
Thank you for this advice, thank you so much. One of the better things I saw this year:eek:

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Thank you for this advice, thank you so much. One of the better things I saw this year:eek:
With you both raving and comparing it to Joker, I think it would be too dark for me. I wouldn’t mind seeing it at home where I could shut my eyes and block my ears when it gets too creepy or scary.

·
The special one
13,500 Posts
With you both raving and comparing it to Joker, I think it would be too dark for me. I wouldn’t mind seeing it at home where I could shut my eyes and block my ears when it gets too creepy or scary.
I loved Joker, thought it was a great film personally, my kind of movie. Hopefully the new star wars film can knock it out the park.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I loved Joker, thought it was a great film personally, my kind of movie. Hopefully the new star wars film can knock it out the park.
I can see why the film has mass appeal. What did you like most about it?

as for Star Wars, I’m over it. The last instalment killed any interest I have with the franchise

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
Hey, Parasite is really not that dark nor scary. A lot of funny moments too in between lines. Hence imbd listed the film with genres "comedy, drama, thriller" it is a very compact movie with the focus of class differences on its radar.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Hey, Parasite is really not that dark nor scary. A lot of funny moments too in between lines. Hence imbd listed the film with genres "comedy, drama, thriller" it is a very compact movie with the focus of class differences on its radar.
oh thanks for the info. Now I’m intrigued and want to see it. 😊

·
The special one
13,500 Posts
I can see why the film has mass appeal. What did you like most about it?

as for Star Wars, I’m over it. The last instalment killed any interest I have with the franchise
I think just focusing on one of my favourite all-time villains and showing you how he became the Joker. Its a pretty dark film for sure.

As for star wars I agree that the Disney films have been the worst. The Empire strikes back, return of the Jedi and Revenge of the sith were all great films so its sad too see the garbage they're giving us now so hopefully this next film delivers to save it being a complete flop.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Guys (@Spectator75 @Joe Speedboot @ne znam ali mozda @clearwaters @cmchelsea @Monsi @Andrej) , some time ago I promised mountain photos from this year. Here they are (with descriptions).

Left: El Caminito del rey (King's path) (Gaitanes gorge, Baetic mountains, Spain)
Right: Limestone sculptures (Planica valley, Julian Alps, Slovenia)

Left: Bird and lake (Hallstattersee, Salzburg Alps, Austria)
Right: Battle of spring and winter (Gozd Martuljek, Julian Alps, Slovenia)

Left: Rippled mirror (Obersee, Berchtesgaden Alps, Germany)
Right: Avalanche! (Watzmann, Berchtesgaden Alps, Germany)

Left: Steep world (Gruppo Sella, Dolomites, Italy)
Right: On the edge of vertical kilometer (Sass Pordoi, Dolomites, Italy)

Left: Road to heaven (Dolomites, Italy)
Right: Meadows and spires (Odle/Geisler group, Dolomites, Italy)

Left: The wall (Monte Civetta, Dolomites, Italy)
Right: Skyscrapers (Monte Agner, Dolomites, Italy)

Left: It's time to rest (Dolomites, Italy)
Right: Geological wonders (Tofane di Mezzo, Dolomites, Italy)

Left: Beauty at the sun set (Sorapiss, Dolomites, Italy)
Right: Islands on the sea of clouds (Belianske Tatry mountains, Slovakia)

Left: Deep colors (Morskie Oko and Czarny Staw ponds, Tatry mountains, Poland)
Right: Rocky world (Kiezmarska valley, Tatry mountains, Slovakia)

Left: Panoramic view (Tatry mountains, Slovakia)
Right: Valley of flowers (Gąsienicowa valley, Tatry mountains, Poland)

·
7,621 Posts
Wow, you’ve been to Berchtesgadener Land? Such a precious region that is!
Been to all the regions you’ve posted bar Tatry mountains. Never been there but I seriously want it so bad! Must be wonderful.

Since I’vegrown up next to the Andes I’m a huge mountains fan

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Wow, you’ve been to Berchtesgadener Land? Such a precious region that is!
Been to all the regions you’ve posted bar Tatry mountains. Never been there but I seriously want it so bad! Must be wonderful.

Since I’vegrown up next to the Andes I’m a huge mountains fan
Yup, I was in Berchtesgaden at the start of May (plus Salzburg region and Slovenia in late April). Beautiful time of the year (spring in low valleys and winter above). I had amazing experience in this region (despite patchy weather). One day (after large snowfall) I approached huge Watzmann ostwand (almost 2-km tall) to marvel one of greatest spectacles of nature I ever seen: multiple avalanches rumbling above and birds singing in green valley.

Obviously I recommend Tatry mountains (both Polish and Slovakia side). They are not as big as the Alps but they have unique dramatic landscape and lots of beautiful mountain lakes. Did you grow up in Peru? Andes are completely exotic to me and I've never been there. Surely I'd like to visit them, especially Patagonian ranges, Cordillera Blanca in Peru and big volcanoes as well.

·
7,621 Posts
Yup, I was in Berchtesgaden at the start of May (plus Salzburg region and Slovenia in late April). Beautiful time of the year (spring in low valleys and winter above). I had amazing experience in this region (despite patchy weather). One day (after large snowfall) I approached huge Watzmann ostwand (almost 2-km tall) to marvel one of greatest spectacles of nature I ever seen: multiple avalanches rumbling above and birds singing in green valley.

Obviously I recommend Tatry mountains (both Polish and Slovakia side). They are not as big as the Alps but they have unique dramatic landscape and lots of beautiful mountain lakes. Did you grow up in Peru? Andes are completely exotic to me and I've never been there. Surely I'd like to visit them, especially Patagonian ranges, Cordillera Blanca in Peru and big volcanoes as well.
No, grew up in Santiago de Chile and as a kid always missed those mountains when I came here to the near of Stuttgart.Always got those vibes back when I was in Innsbruck where I’m quite often due to several reasons. Was just there again for a day last weekend and could enjoy closing ACC threads in the mountains late night.

Never been to Peru sadly, that’s for sure my goal once I hit the 30s and have some money. As for now Tatry mountains are my next place to be there, wanted to visit them from both sides. Sadly my Polish is really basic, hope you get through with English don’t you?

Best time to visit Berchtesgaden is especially late April to start June, been there once in August and it was incredibly crowded. I dislike to be next to mountains or even wandering on them when theyre surrounded by too many

901 - 920 of 958 Posts