Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... these 2 players who reached the final were the "less prepared" ones to play this tournament? They both arrived from Switzerland only on mid-Monday!

Thought it could be interesting to know your opinion about this :) Discuss

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
I think there will be no bagel.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol:

Can anyone answer this more seriously please ;) ? I don't knoe I find this quite weird coz they were the two who would be expecting to have some problems (everything is relative ;) ) due to jetlag and surface change in such a little amount of time...

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
No and Andy won't be baggeled

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Nathy said:

Can anyone answer this more seriously please ;) ? I don't knoe I find this quite weird coz they were the two who would be expecting to have some problems (everything is relative ;) ) due to jetlag and surface change in such a little amount of time...

Both are champions.

·
Registered
26,748 Posts
Nathy said:

in bercy in 2002 french commentators were like "cool! marat has to go to shanghai now! :devil: he will never be ready to play the DC final on clay and he'll be to tired :devil: "
we all know what happened :angel: :p

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can Andy Murray be the third teenager to beat Federer in 2005 ? If he does there are quite a number of streaks of Fed which will come to an end.. !!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
My cable channel has finally shown a live match. I was hoping Paradorn would win but he was surely gonna lose to Federer anyway so might as while put a teenager as prey for Heidi. Tommorow I can safely predict Federer will slay the third 18 year-old challenger of the year. And Murray looks like that other Andy, Federer could just think its Roddick on the other side and slay him.

I hate Federer but what can you do?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
for any brits, the bbc are hsowing highlights of the match at 22.55 on sunday on bbc 1 or 2

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
This final is much more interesting than Hewitt-Fed or Paradorn-Fed would have been (though local boy in the finals is always a bonus). Sure, it seems like foregone conclusion that Federer will butcher Murray, but last year he lost to up-and-coming Nadal on hardcourts...so you never know.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
What a great finale!

It is good that Roge has seen at least in the doubles how andi plays. I do expect Roge to win, but I think andi will bring his best because he understand that if he really wants the "respect in lockeroom" that he often talks about, there is no better way of getting it

I hope it is great match. ALLEZ ROGE!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
RonE said:
Roger better be ready for this one :armed:
It's not automatic that he'll win, but he'll be ready for sure. He's well aware of the records he's putting up (or trying to beat). I like it better when he plays someone who's playing well because I think it brings out his best stuff and forces him to "kick it up a notch".

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
i just hope roger comes out ready to play his best, and if he does that he'll win.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
For someone who has only seen Murray play once (and that was way back in March of this year) what are his main weapons? From the one match I saw him in he seems to have solid groundies and a decent serve but not one shot in particular that packs the extra 'pazzas'.

How has his game developed since then and what were his main strengths so far in Bangkok from what he has shown?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
RonE said:
For someone who has only seen Murray play once (and that was way back in March of this year) what are his main weapons? From the one match I saw him in he seems to have solid groundies and a decent serve but not one shot in particular that packs the extra 'pazzas'.

How has his game developed since then and what were his main strengths so far in Bangkok from what he has shown?
nothing really stands out but has a good all round game and alot can be improved which makes him a very good prospect.
his first serve and and return of sevre are his best weapons but his first serve percentage is very inconsistent. as always if roger brings his best then he will cruise.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RonE said:

His main weapon is the return I would say. In DC last weekend he returned amazingly (above all during the doubles)...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts