Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good match overall from Andy. Looks like he's come to win this event. Some lapses but is simply too good for Berrer to handle.

Served at 66% first serves, great for his standards. The one serve game he was really tested was his first serve game in the second set, where he hit an AMAZING BH high lob to the back of the court that hit the line. Won that point and didn't look back from there and took control of the match. Also returned well today and hit some great passing shots. Hit the backhand well but made some forehand errors.

Berrer was OK until the middle of the second set, but the match-up is an impossible one for him, and he made too many errors trying to force the plays. Fought hard but got deflated by the end.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I knew I'd wake up just in time to miss the match. Anyways, good show, Andy.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
thought it was going to get interesting at the beginning of the 2nd set

it does seem as though andy came to win..i didnt think he would, as i mentioned before i thought he would use this as a way simply to get himself into shape for shanghai

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
The Australian announcers said the prime minister of Thailand was at the Murray match!

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
thought it was going to get interesting at the beginning of the 2nd set

it does seem as though andy came to win..i didnt think he would, as i mentioned before i thought he would use this as a way simply to get himself into shape for shanghai
Yes that was my expectation too, and I'm still not sure I'd expect him to be in action this weekend given Tokyo and Shanghai still to come but he was locked in today and very business-like. Berrer had a bit of an opening with some break points early in the second but Murray closed it down in a hurry, broke in the next game, and that was all she wrote.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Murray was simply too good for Berrer. Hundreds of levels above him. Only 3 more wins to go :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts