:worship: Great win after poor display lately

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
good win for grigor

·
Registered
829 Posts
unexpected - I waiting for the three sets here. Dodig awful in second - lead with break *2-0 and have many break points in next games, concended serve in the most important moment of the set.

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Good win for Grigor and he got off to a great start only losing 3 points on his serve in the 1st set. Even when he got broken at the start of the 2nd, he broke back immediately which is good to see. It's time he started believing in himself and hopefully he can build on this.

·
Banned
556 Posts
Good win for Grig, he needed this after his last loss which was a dreadful. Dimitrov continues march up the rankings. (Let's hope)

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Good and much needed victory for Grigor, but poor serving stats for Dodig against a mediocre returner indoors. A good job from Grigor turning the second set around after falling an early break behind and controlled matters on serve outside of the first few games in set 2.

Now, he has to build on this against probably Gulbis. That's a tough ask but he needs to win matches like that to keep progressing.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I'm feeling vindicated with my prediction :banana:

Hopefully Dodig is just saving himself to take out Nadal in Tokyo.

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Poor show from Bangkok not having a live stream. Does anyone know what day they will start broadcasting the matches? Gulbis/Bolelli play tomorrow so his next match will be on Wednesday and it would be great to watch it.

From the ATP website,

Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov knocked out fifth seed Ivan Dodig of Croatia 6-2, 7-5 in one hour and 33 minutes on Monday at the PTT Thailand Open.

Dimitrov, who started the year at No. 106 in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings, won 73 per cent of his service points and hit four aces to record his 14th match win of the season.

"I thought it was a great match today," said Dimitrov, who is now 6-6 lifetime on indoor courts. "I'm still overcoming the jetlag, but I hope to do well here as I was really looking forward to playing in Bangkok. It has been a great experience so far.

"My game is improving, after a couple of rough months, but I am working hard and trying to progress. Today, it all kind of clicked into place."

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Poor show from Bangkok not having a live stream. Does anyone know what day they will start broadcasting the matches? Gulbis/Bolelli play tomorrow so his next match will be on Wednesday and it would be great to watch it.
Television Schedule (all local times)

Wednesday, 28 September 2011
ESPN Star Sports (South/Southeast Asia) 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. LIVE

Thursday, 29 September 2011
ESPN Star Sports (South/Southeast Asia) 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. LIVE; 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. LIVE

Friday, 30 September 2011
ESPN Star Sports (South/Southeast Asia) 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. LIVE; 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. LIVE

Saturday, 1 October 2011
ESPN Star Sports (South/Southeast Asia) 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. LIVE

Sunday, 2 October 2011
ESPN Star Sports (South/Southeast Asia) 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. LIVE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts