Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A quite entertaining, decent quality match. Shark was being aggressive throughout the entire match and at times it worked for him. Counter-punched a lot and went DTL quite a bit, even S&V'd a decent bit in the second set. Led 3-0 in the first set. But he made a few too many errors trying to be aggressive, didn't get enough free points on the serve and Monfils' has ridiculous movement and defense-to-offense ability.

Monfils was flashy as always, had a lot of lapses, but played pretty well. His serve bailed him out a lot throughout the match. S&V'd a lot and volleyed well in general. Played offensively/counter-punched a fair bit and hit some big shots off both wings from all over the court and hit some great returns. Overall everything Jarkko did he did better and that's why he won.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Good show from Le Monf, but horrible job from the linesman/umpire. Bad calls all night. It seems to be the theme of the tournament.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monfils is starting to play a bit more offensively in using the net more and counter-punching when on defense instead of just running, which is going to make him an infinitely more dangerous player going forward. He's got such a big serve and good accuracy that he can S&V effectively even though he isn't the most natural net player. Hope he keeps that up.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
I was quite sure Jarkko would lose this one since Jarkko doesn't have the firepower to hit through Monfils even on quicker courts and Monfils has better staying power in rallies and a better serve. Still, a good result for him to reach the QFs at least and give a good fight. Sad to hear that he led the first set and ended up losing it...

Hope this will boost him in the indoor season, last year he got his best results indoors :yeah:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Do you ever sleep?

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to sleep about 7:15 at night and woke up around 2:40 in the morning. Do the math. Also, keep this thread about tennis. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
It's bizarre when people make snide comments...it's supposed to be a tennis forum is it not?
Me and Filo V. are pals, I hope he knows I'm teasing :lol:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't take offense by what anyone has to say here, and also I know when a person is ribbing me or not :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts