Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek::scared:

Watch out, Nole, Baghdatis means business!

Knowing Baghdatis, he's probably joking...or maybe not, maybe Nole upset him or something.

Baghdatis: Djokovic doesn't scare me

Marcos Baghdatis says that the presence of world No. 1 Novak Djokovic at the Dubai Duty Free Open does not scare him. "When I am in the tournament I don't see Novak winning," the former Australian Open finalist told Gulf News. "I am here to win and I don't care if he is there. I doubt he can win here this week, not when I am here at least."

Djokovic’s 20-year-old younger brother, Marko, received a wild card into the draw. Marko is ranked No. 867 this week and has yet to win an ATP main-draw match.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=16633&zoneid=25

·
Premium Member
20,709 Posts
too. much. Ouzo. :drink:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Wow, thems fighting words from Marcos :p

See if he can back them up

·
Your visions will happen
50,907 Posts
It is one thing if Del Potro says something like this. He already has a slam and is in many people's eyes the true #5 if not #4 in the world.

But Baghdatis :tape: After the past few years he has had :tape:

Still, I admire his gumption. I would rather him be overly confident than to bend over like Troicki for Djokovic.

·
Premium Member
20,709 Posts
It is one thing if Del Potro says something like this. He already has a slam and is in many people's eyes the true #5 if not #4 in the world.

Still, I admire his gumption. I would rather him be overly confident than to bend over like Troicki for Djokovic.
I suppose that was his point; a player doesn't enter tournaments expecting to lose to anyone... or else why be there? You have to believe you can win. It's just the way he phrased it.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Doesn't matter if Djokovic doesn't scare him. Each week someone else does. :lol:

A bit of a redundant comment really, especially as he isn't even in Djokovic's half of the draw. He should be thinking about how he is going to counter Tsonga up first.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

Just like Roddick and Ferrero are the true number ones... :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
21,575 Posts
I suppose that was his point; a player doesn't enter tournaments expecting to lose to anyone... or else why be there? You have to believe you can win. It's just the way he phrased it.
Yea of course, nobody should step on court if he doesn't want to play/win. However, for someone who never won a single match against Nole, that is something a bit silly to say, unless he was joking.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Cool now go back it up, big guy.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
You'd think MTF users of all people would detect trolling when it slapped them in the face.

You'd think wrong

1 - 20 of 63 Posts