Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
Just came back from the match : it was really a good performance by Marcos, the serve was working extremely well, often above 205 km/h, he was also very solid from the back of the courtand used the down the line shots to great effect to turn defense into offense etc... Really nice to see

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Congrats smiley...now take care of moody

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
Bah.

Come back strong in 2008, Juanqui

Much more importantly, JC is back to his 2001/2002 short hair, which makes him look much younger and hotter. He should keep this look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great job Marcos! Good luck in round 2!

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Ferrero was more interested in his summer holidays than this match.

Baghdatinho served very well and minimal foibles on the second serve from him which is the key for him. It was a good performance for sure, but a lack of perspective is often the case. Marcos plays well and he's back and he has a poor performance and then he is a total hack.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Baghdatinho :rocker2:

nice haircut Mosquito :lol:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
You know what? I love JC but I'm not going to let that cloud my logic from now on. He's a top 30 player, nothing more. He hasn't been for years now and until he does anything to show that he's still capable of that kind of form (which is a one in a million shot as far as I'm concerned), then I won't let his torrid results disappoint me anymore.

His last title came more than 4 years ago. One GS QF since February 2004. We're only deluding ourselves by thinking he'll ever even crack the top 15 again. This is just one of those times when I'd love to be wrong (they don't happen very often), but I know I won't be.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Ferrero probably was more excited about the holidays than the match. And VolandriFan, don't give up on him yet. I'm still hoping that JC can make it back into the top of the rankings.

However, I'm devastated about the hair. It makes him look so much older:(

Reactions: MariaV

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
At least he looks cute even with short hair :p

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
This sucks! I can't stand Marcos for some reason. His Aussie run last year really bothered me. He should've been out in the second round against Steps. Seemed like a waste of a spot in the final. Nalby would've made that match much more interesting. JC...you disappoint once again.

15,883 Posts
This sucks! I can't stand Marcos for some reason. His Aussie run last year really bothered me. He should've been out in the second round against Steps. Seemed like a waste of a spot in the final. Nalby would've made that match much more interesting. JC...you disappoint once again.
should have.. would have...

he made the final, get over it.

·
Registered
27,367 Posts
Yeah massive waste, I mean he couldn't even get the double break in the second set against a clown like Federer :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Steve Tignor predicted that Baggy would come out of the third quarter. I really hope he does that this one time

21 - 39 of 39 Posts