Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... than I expected...
Qualifying session was really interesting to me :
I started on court 1 with Klizan(former FO junior champion) vs. Xin-Yuan Yu I just heard of as a WC for ATPTour on Beijing, this Chinese guy broke early in both sets, and lost on his serve both times 64 64, Klizan looking hurt on left shoulder(he is left-handed) but hitting the ball quite hard the whole match...
Next, same court, Igor Sijsling vs. Quentin Lesné, a local player who turns to linesman after he is upset, every year. Sijsling easily took a lead 60 41 and had a brain disease, saving a 66 point to win 60 75. Nice to see Quentin was not ridiculous at that level.
Then, troubles came. Court 1 and 2 are close like twins.I can attend, from court 2, right behind the ballboys, to matches on court 1 as long as there is no play on court 2. I just have not to fear bullets when players are training on court 2... But 32 players in the quallies draw mean court 2 is used too. The other opportunity is to watch from upstairs, ...which is the players' lounge. And, this year, I was not allowed to mix with club members who invade that place...
Never mind on saturday, I could move to center court to see Argentine Sebastian Decoud (who defeated Acasuso on Acapulco this year) never finding a way to escape to some steam-roller named VanDerDuim. I was really pleased by the way this Dutch fellow played and didn't have watched him in action since a miserable FO junior final vs. Cilic where there was no match.
On sunday, central court for Benoît Paire winning easily versus Middelkoop, and behaving quite well (that young french palyer lost national junior title on three penalty points, and is known as a juvenile delinquant by all referees and linesmen, but it didn't show), Klizan defeating Swede Johan Brunstrom (with no other trouble than a comeback from 16 14 to 16 44) and Nadal's partner, Bartolome SalvaVidal passing over Olivier Charroin 63 60, serving and volleying quite well. Back on court 1 for the closest match of my trip : Ivan Dodig vs. Xavier Pujo. Score : 67 62 64. Might as well have been easyer, but Dodig missed four set points at 65 first set.
Time to watch tomorrow's program... and OH! NO!!!
The guys I wanted to see were scheduled on court 1 and 2, so I could not see a single point, and I only had Gremelmayer on center court to enjoy my monday. I decided then not to spend € 100 per day for hotel, breakfasts, dinners and phone calls not to watch what I wanted. Back to my Paris suburbs on monday morning.
Next year, I'll have a look on schedule before deciding to go back there. Or I'll go to player's lounge without asking !!!
I'll watch tennis next on clubs'championship from May 4th, maybe time to support Adrian Mannarino, Gary Lugassy, and others.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had tuesday 's schedule : what a nice day for me : no more play on court 2, Mannarino vs. SalvaVidal on center court to start, then Moser (on doubles), Menendez vs.Kukushkin, and Elgin (on doubles) on court 1. Four players I wanted to watch ...
But I'm back in Paris now !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts