Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I open a new thread as he's back on courts. I'm sorry i'm bad for titles :eek:

He lost to Bemelmans in round 1 of qualies in Heilbronn but only in three sets. He wrote a nice message on his facebook. He played without pain and sounds very happy about that match. He asked a WC for Montpellier.

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
It's great he's back!! Allez! :)

Hopefully he get's the WC for Montpellier.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
He should get the WC. It would be lame if they didn't give him one. Other French players like Grossjean, Clement, etc. routinly got them when they were coming back from injury. True, they were a little higher ranked then PHM at their peak vs. his peak but he was almost top 10 so he was pretty prominent. I hope the french tournaments remember this.

·
G!G!L!
724 Posts
Good return, Paulo. Was starting to wonder if he would ever come back.

:wavey: to the former regulars here, hopefully this inspires a return for a few of us too.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I had the chance to see his match too. Welcome back Paulo!!! :)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
OHBH DTL
1,536 Posts
His reaction after beating Stebe is just... :awww: :hug: :D

The feeling from seeing Paulo play again is indescribable. It's like the horror of the last year+ was just a bad dream. Welcome back Paulo! :worship:

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
His reaction after beating Stebe is just... :awww: :hug: :D

The feeling from seeing Paulo play again is indescribable. It's like the horror of the last year+ was just a bad dream. Welcome back Paulo! :worship:
Gael and Paulo would be an awesome match ;)

·
OHBH DTL
1,536 Posts
A very positive match despite Paulo losing. He played really well, making some vey nice winners from both FH and BH. So, so, so happy seeing him play again and being in good spirits :D Victories will come, I'm sure. A very welcome back again, Paulo :dance:

·
Registered
706 Posts
I never really followed "Paulo" before, I saw a few of his matches but that's it...

Anyway, seeing a guy like him, who went through PURE HELL (I'm no athlete, but I had a severe knee problem 3 years ago and still suffering from it). Seriously the guy - and all athlete who have serious injuries - who find the stenght to fight every single day, with all the pain and real real real REAL hard work you have to do, just to be able to put one foot in front of the other, go much much MUCH further than that and still have the will to come back at this level of play (especially at 30 years old) I littelarly bow in front of him.

I'm really proud of him and was really happy to watch him win two days ago and battle honorably against Nieminen.

Go Paulo, and VERY VERY good luck to you for the season and beyond !

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Paul said that his next tournaments will be: CH Quimper (with WC) and the ATP of Marseille

:)

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes and after Marseille he will stay at home as he will be a father at the end of month. Then it will be clay from March to Wimbledon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
He played the qualifing tournament at Rotterdam and will play Feliciano Lopez in the first round of the main draw tomorrow. He's got nothing to lose and has always played Lopez well. Who knows if an upset is possible?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts