Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chiudi-fan
75,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Travel report Wednesday May 10 Sunday May 14

Loooooooooooong day, that would be a good description for the Wednesday. Waking up at 5 to travel to Rauxel, with lots of train trouble and waiting a hour in a wow-I-didn’t-know-it-existed-village. But we arrived and the interview did go rather well, of course I had to do the word all the time, but let’s say that was only good to practice my English. The way back again gave a lot of trouble and when we were finally home we only had half an hour to make us ready to go to the airport. I seemed not to have my lucky day, first “that thing” started to beep when I walked through and then they stopped me coz I accidentally had forgot to take the scissors out of my bag. Yvo the lil criminal :devil: But of course after a sweet smile they didn’t even “search” (what is the word????) me and I was allowed to go ot the plane. Sweet smiley yvo changed back into the yvil one and I was about the first one to enter the plan, while I was like the last, who walked to the plane… Queuing is just not my thing :angel: The flight did go great and it was about midnight when we arrived in Berlin and had a nice view of Berlin @ night. Arrived at the hostel I was dead tired, but still took a shower before I could finally go to sleep around 2AM.

The next day we woke up again at 8 to have a really good breakfast after which we got Public Transport tickets for the coming days. Finally we could go to the Berlin University (of applied sciences) where we would have some boring *yawn* lectures and workshops. But as that was already boring for me, I definitely am not gonna bore you with that. Luckily dinner was great, mini spring roles were part of it :lick: and the evening we spent in the bar of the hostel, which made the day quite long again!

On the third day, the alarm did go after only a few hours sleep. Actually I was surprised to see how quick I was awake and before I knew I was taking a shower already. But I quite missed everything in the morning, seems I was living on an ‘automatically pilot’ because of the tiredness. But going half sleeping through the lectures I could get some more energy which I of course saved for the party @ night. First of all I didn’t understand that those who had organized the party actually named it like that, coz there was just music, but most people were sitting outside or playing a card game, just like I did with some of my fellow students. But after a while, when everybody had had quite some alcohol already, dancing finally started, and even I took part of it (I hate dancing!). We definitely had fun, and coz we could get quite some drinks for free, I ended up everything mixed together which didn’t make me feel too well. I didn’t make it too late, coz I noticed the alcohol would make me go sick if I would drink more, and I don’t like parties when I can’t drink :p So I did go to my room, had a talk with a fellow student who did leave the party as well and we were happy when we could go to sleep, already too many nights without sleep.

The last day we finally had time to do what we wanted, so we all traveled in little groups through Berlin. My group decided that we were too tired to walk too much, so we bought tourist bus tickets and did just get out at the places we wanted to be. We really had a lovely day, with nice weather and great some action. What I loved most was that there was this kind of silver-color art through the city of big elements, for example a big car, big books, big football shoes and even a big medicine pill! I loved the car a lot, and I even climbed, which was rather nice, my fellow students didn’t understand though, why I liked climbing on it that much :p At night we had a lovely dinner, for quite a cheap price and of course continued having lots of fun. We had to be back at the hostel at 10pm, but we were a bit early, so we played the card game again. And it was a miracle, but I did win it, and that while I didn’t know how to play it till the day before! Then around 11PM we could finally go in the direction of the busses, but we didn’t leave till midnight! So I was too tired when I did get in the bus, it was nice to have a last view on the Berlin @ night by bus and I had a great talk with the guy sitting in front of me (I was sitting alone, so I had more space to sit :cool: ). It’s funny that even while I am in my 3rd year already now, there are still some you don’t get to know till you are on a “school trip” and who seem to be rather friendly! I talked to this guy a long time and before we noticed everybody was trying to, or sleeping already. That guy did go to sleep as well, but me sleeping in a bus, not that is not working. So I stayed awake, the whole night, noticed all stops, was happy when I could leave the bus some moments, and even happier when we were finally back home around 9 this morning… Pfff I am so tired now, but it definitely was worth it, I had a great time with some of my fellow students. It’s sad that this was the last of such ‘holidays’ with this university :( But I am sure for me it wasn’t the last of such trips, I love them!
Oh and for those who want to see some pictures, you can ask me on msn ;) (logically, this only counts for those who have me on msn :p)

G

·
nice report! great you've got a nice time in Berlin and I wish you some long nights with lots of sleep :hug: :p
ps: :silly roger! :bounce: :p

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
:hug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts