Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
Gastón can only add points in Madrid and Paris, the other tournaments don't count for him anymore, since he's already won 5 ATP tournaments this year.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
jazz_girl said:
Gastón can only add points in Madrid and Paris, the other tournaments don't count for him anymore, since he's already won 5 ATP tournaments this year.
Oh...I understand now. Thanks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
jazz_girl said:
But if Lyon is worth more points - 45 I think - than one of those wins (he has three 35-point tournaments), wouldn't it replace one of those and he would gain the 10-point difference?

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
anna10 said:
But if Lyon is worth more points - 45 I think - than one of those wins (he has three 35-point tournaments), wouldn't it replace one of those and he would gain the 10-point difference?
No...I don't think. He's probably used up all his optional points for the year in other events entered. Just my guess anyway. I really don't know how the points system works, outside of looking at Judio's ATP rankings thread in GM....and even then, it's still Greek to me.

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
anna10 said:
He could, but Gastón has already said that he doesn't see himself doing that at all, so he will give his all to gain points in the Masters. 10 points is not much at all, and he'll have to play a lot, while he can win the same amount of points by playing in the second round of a TMS. It makes sense.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
jazz_girl said:
He could, but Gastón has already said that he doesn't see himself doing that at all, so he will give his all to gain points in the Masters. 10 points is not much at all, and he'll have to play a lot, while he can win the same amount of points by playing in the second round of a TMS. It makes sense.
Makes perfect sense, actually.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I completely agree on Gaudio's position and that winning in Lyon is unlikely, I'm just trying to cover every possibility with all the top players, and also seeing if I've figured out this points thing correctly.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
The danger in being in Gaudio's position: there are stronger indoor court players just below him who could overtake him at this stretch. He's in a "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" situation. In any case, with the depth of the field in the Masters tournaments, he may not get very far.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
JC break back again :(
6-7 2-2
David did stupid smash error! :mad:

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
JC keep :(
6-7 2-5
David had break point
but he broke his racket :devil:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Typical Nalbo.
Every time he had a lead he didin't consolidate. He had 2 SP at 5-4, he led in the TB and was a break up twice in the second set.
He made way way too many UE's and his serve once again disintegrated under the pressure.
There's no shame in losing to JCF, but a little more concentration at the right moments and he would've won.
Nalbo better get his game and his mind back in order for Madrid next week.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
gooner88 said:
Typical Nalbo.
Every time he had a lead he didin't consolidate. He had 2 SP at 5-4, he led in the TB and was a break up twice in the second set.
He made way way too many UE's and his serve once again disintegrated under the pressure.
There's no shame in losing to JCF, but a little more concentration at the right moments and he would've won.
Nalbo better get his game and his mind back in order for Madrid next week.
That's what i was thinking. Sometimes he had some very good shots but on the important points he gave himself away, handing UEs to right and left. The same thing was yesterday on his last game, i wasn't sure if he was going to hold his serve and win the match, and luckily he did. Today it wasn't that easy.

Does he always play like that? :confused: I didn't see a lot of his matches, but he was in Wimbledon final last year, QF of 3 GSs this year and won only 3 titles in his career? That seems odd.
Come on David, we know you can do it so pull yourself together and play.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts