Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
gooner88 said:
Oh yeah! :lol: :eek:
I guess the only positive, if there is one of Nalbo not getting the results in non-GS tourneys earlier in the year is that he can gain mega points now.
Making Shanghai is still a long shot in my opinion. To make it he probably has to win 2 tourneys, with one of them being a TMS. Considering he's only won 3 tourneys in his career that's a hell of a tough ask, but I'd love to see Nalbo play the Masters Cup again.
I would like Nalbo to earn good rankings points now to give him a good seeding for the Aussie Open in January.

Yeah...he still has some ground to cover in order to make that a reality.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
I sincerely hope he can win these last two games. If he does, then he'll meet Ferrero next. Think he can win this time?

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Really...welcome to the quarters....now, he plays JCF next. Wonder what will happen there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
sigmagirl91 said:
Really...welcome to the quarters....now, he plays JCF next. Wonder what will happen there.
yeah...i hope he gets revenge for the last match...I think he can do it, and hope he does it..no more suspense please :angel: :lol:

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
crazy_nanine said:
yeah...i hope he gets revenge for the last match...I think he can do it, and hope he does it..no more suspense please :angel: :lol:
Please...I don't think I can take anymore.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
crazy_nanine said:
Nearly all of Nalbo's matches have suspense; it comes with the package. :devil: It just wouldn't be a Nalbo match without his customary serving wobble.
He played solid and just got the job done.
Best wishes tomorrow against JCF Nalbo. :yeah:

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
gooner88 said:
Nearly all of Nalbo's matches have suspense; it comes with the package. :devil: It just wouldn't be a Nalbo match without his customary serving wobble.
He played solid and just got the job done.
Best wishes tomorrow against JCF Nalbo. :yeah:
VERY best wishes. He cannot afford to have lapses like that. At least he can still gain some much-needed points for the race to Shanghai.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I agree that his actually making it to Shanghai is a long-shot, but so far, so good this week; with Ancic losing today, Nalbandian will move ahead of him. I can't find the point chart to see how close it puts him to Gasquet and Ferrer.

I can do without a suspenseful match tomorrow.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
anna10 said:
I agree that his actually making it to Shanghai is a long-shot, but so far, so good this week; with Ancic losing today, Nalbandian will move ahead of him. I can't find the point chart to see how close it puts him to Gasquet and Ferrer.

I can do without a suspenseful match tomorrow.
What is his position, 13th or 14th? What if he makes the semis or the final? If so, he should pass Ferrer since he lost in Stockholm first round-and probably Gasquet as well, since he's not playing.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
anna10 said:
He's 14th now, and you're right, if he makes the semis he moves ahead of Ferrer and Gasquet to 11th.
Good deal. Go, David. I wonder what kind of miracle he could pull off if he were to win the whole tournament and have good results in Madrid and Basel. He did extremely well at those two events last year. With Roger, Marat, and probably Lleyton out, he could go far.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I finally got home to my points-breakdown chart, and I think today's win ended up being enough to put him ahead of Gasquet and Ferrer.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
anna10 said:
I finally got home to my points-breakdown chart, and I think today's win ended up being enough to put him ahead of Gasquet and Ferrer.
Hmmm.....really? Then, what would a win today do? I understand he's like 100 points away from Davydenko, who sits at #7.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Anything else in Vienna just gives a more secure hold on 11th - I think the his new total would be up to 307 - which closes the gap to Davydenko to about 70 points. It does put him within striking distance of Puerta (324), and even Gaudio (344), if he holds up to being a stronger player on the faster surfaces than these two. I just hate that it's these two in the path.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
anna10 said:
Anything else in Vienna just gives a more secure hold on 11th - I think the total would be 307 - which closes the gap to Davydenko to about 70 points. It does put him within striking distance of Puerta (324), and even Gaudio (344), if he holds up to being a stronger player on the faster surfaces than these two. I just hate that it's these two in the path.
Ok...but Puerta has yet to compete on any indoor surface this year, so he's the "great unknown". As for Gaudio....he's not had success on this surface either. Although I dislike the fact that these two are in his path-and he probably does too-he does what he must to make his journey to Shanghai lighter and more problem-free (as if...).

·
Registered
334 Posts
sigmagirl91 said:
Ok...but Puerta has yet to compete on any indoor surface this year, so he's the "great unknown". As for Gaudio....he's not had success on this surface either. Although I dislike the fact that these two are in his path-and he probably does too-he does what he must to make his journey to Shanghai lighter and more problem-free (as if...).
Along those lines then, Nalbandian will also be helped by the fact that Gaudio will have to win Lyon to gain any points (10, I think) that week.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
anna10 said:
Along those lines then, Nalbandian will also be helped by the fact that Gaudio will have to win Lyon to gain any points (10, I think) that week.
So.....Gaudio has used up HIS optionals too? Wow....

81 - 100 of 134 Posts