Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match of the tournament clearly, GOATner typically clutch outside the wobbly last 2 points, finishing the first set with consecutive BH and FH winners and staying extremely solid when serving it out.

·
Your visions will happen
48,540 Posts

Very high level from Ofner, and Thiem was not that bad. Very great to see high level tennis again, don't give a fuck about no crowds myself

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Sheesh Pepe, it’s not even a 250 so cool your jets. Domi will b himself when legit. tournaments restart. I have a hunch your Claybot would have tanked before the finals.

·
Premium Member
9,504 Posts
Well we all know Dominic has planned a very crowded Exho agenda in Austria and The Balkans so his fitness may improve but this loss is embarrassingvs a Low Challenger player.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
You peeps gotta realize it’s an exhibition meaning Thiem ain’t goin all out to win. He’ll still try to win of course but he probably uses these matches to practice different things or attempt random trick shots sometimes. I’m sure he wouldn’t lose to Ofner in a serious tournament haha.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Even considering that this was an exhibition match, this is somehow making Thiem's current status a question mark. Hopefully he will improve in the coming months

·
justice for all
15,124 Posts
Imagine writing or, even worse, liking this comment
Same trolls were laughing before Domi’s QF with Rafa in Melbourne. It’s fear. They are panicking because they know Rafa is running out of time. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

·
Registered
793 Posts
you know, the same guy who's never won a clay Masters & has won as many clay 500s as Niko Bash.:LOL:;)
That reminds me of a comment in the movie-industry that became something of a meme, when less distinguished actors claimed to have "as many Oscars as Leonardo DiCaprio." That joke didn't age well, as finally, Leonardo got his best-male Oscar.

Corona will increase the chances for witticisms about Thiem to survive a bit longer, but my guess is that the quoted comment will share the same fate as gags about DiCaprio.

90 Posts
That reminds me of a comment in the movie-industry that became something of a meme, when less distinguished actors claimed to have "as many Oscars as Leonardo DiCaprio." That joke didn't age well, as finally, Leonardo got his best-male Oscar.

Corona will increase the chances for witticisms about Thiem to survive a bit longer, but my guess is that the quoted comment will share the same fate as gags about DiCaprio.
Rather silly analogy considering winning an Oscar is totally subjective based less on performance rather than on a groundswell of support among the voting industry.. basically the exact opposite of winning tennis tournaments.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Imagine writing or, even worse, liking this comment
I actually left a like for that comment. I then went on to leave the room and was confronted with the following situation soon after when I returned. The cat started Firefox, went to MTF and immediately removed the like himself, that's how bad it was. See the disgusted look on his face when reading the post, tells you everything you need to know.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
How dare anybody question the Prince of Clay, the undisputed 2nd best clay courter in the world..you know, the same guy who's never won a clay Masters & has won as many clay 500s as Niko Bash.:LOL:;)
I don't mind if you question him on stuff that actually matters (so you know, everything that happens on the ATP tour). But when you base your criticism on some random match in some meaningless exho after a lengthy break, then you're a massive clown in my eyes

I actually left a like for that comment. I then went on to leave the room and was confronted with the following situation soon after when I returned. The cat started Firefox, went to MTF and immediately removed the like himself, that's how bad it was. See the disgusted look on his face when reading the post, tells you everything you need to know.
Congrats your cat is smarter than the average MTF user. Maybe he should create an account here to raise the quality of the forum

90 Posts
If I'm a massive clown then what does that make the most overrated" clay court legend" in history who hasn't even won a clay masters unlike one of MTF's biggest "clowns" Fabio Fognini. The guy's almost 27 & the only thing of significance he ever won was IW. This has nothing to do with losing in the finals of some meaningless exho. but just cold hard facts about a guy who always chokes in real pressure moments besides IW( Might've been a different story if an inform Gael didn't pull out despite their head to head.) Think about all the tournaments where he beats Novak and loses to Rafa and vice versa. Case in point: 2017 Rome.. beats Rafa then manages to win one game against Novak. 2018 Monte Carlo..beats Novak but shows great improvement by winning a "whopping" 2 games against Rafa. There's a reason Rafa always hugs( Unlike Novak, Rafa is definitely not a hugger) him after he beats him. It's called PITY!!!:cry:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts