AO the drama slam?

• Yes, it's the drama slam, and I can't stand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
49,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Nadal whining once again and taking shots at Federer, Djokovic taking digs at Federer as well, and the whole Tomic bandwagoning and talking shit vs. Verdasco, Bogo talking strike, etc.

Is the AO the drama slam? And if so, do you enjoy this kind of mentality as opposed to for instance the mentality at Wimbledon?

·
Premium Member
20,674 Posts
The Djokovic/Federer and Tomic/Verdasco thing is good because it's about tennis on the court and backing up your words on the court. The Nadal thing is bad because it's political off-court stuff that takes away from our enjoyment of the matches themselves.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm waiting for the Murray v Nadal final where Mr Lendl orders Andy to kick Rafa's neatly arranged water bottles at the first changeover. The two square up, Rafa goes for a cry then we witness a marathon 5 set epic with the highlander victorious.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I'm waiting for the Murray v Nadal final where Mr Lendl orders Andy to kick Rafa's neatly arranged water bottles at the first changeover. The two square up, Rafa goes for a cry then we witness a marathon 5 set epic with the highlander victorious.
I like this fantasy ....Andy winning a GS final :cool:

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I want that too :D

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
It was only a few decades ago that the Aussie Open had no merit with players and fans.. and here we are now, fucking loving the drama slam.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

Tennis Australia: We Know Drama

·
Registered
969 Posts
You are forgetting the entire Margaret Court incident btw!

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
As the alter ego of the stiff arse brits, their auzzie cousins offer a great cathartic experience for all of us: hooliganism, loud crowds, ethnic brawls etc...this is sparta! Whoah yeahhhhh!

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Hey. Brits are able to have ethnic brawls as well.

·
Banned
94 Posts
I love the drama, mixes things up. Of course, Federer still has to win it! :cool:

:drive:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Tennis Australia to instal a new rule during the AO! It is going to be called "Hockey rules": during a match players will be able to set any personal scores they have against each other by letting go off their racquets and having a go at each other.

Good times ahead!

·
Banned
94 Posts
Actually, Men's side of AO does not give that much drama. Miss the late 90s to early 00s when women's tennis drama was at the peak with Hingis, Capriati, Davenport, Kournikova, and the Williamses.

:drive:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts