• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a blockbuster match. Beautiful. Tennis wins either way :worship:

Rooting slightly for Zverev though, he really needs to make a dent in slams and if Zverev beats Raonic, this would be by far his best slam win of his career. Besides need to get revenge for Wimbledon 17 :p

Zverev has been playing well, and he has been clutch but Raonic has made bigger statement here when he beat Kyrgios and Slamwrinka. His off season has been great and has shown glimpses of his best form after a disappointing end in 2018. I’m happy with the way Raonic has been playing.

I’ll go with Zverev in 5 sets. I think this will be the slam where he’ll finally make a statement to get a big win.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
One of the rare cases where tennis wins either way.

I don't care who takes it here. May the best man win.

And I hope we see the winner of this match in the final. Champion of the tournament even.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Don't see Zverev winning this one, Raonic will laugh at the inconsistencies in his service games.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Sascha just gotta hope Milos has an average serving day. If he bots like he's been doing, it's going to be hard to break him vs getting broken. I'll go Raonic in 4. I think he will make the SF here. That was my gut feeling after he took out Kyrgios and Wawrinka.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hoping Zverev takes this. I want him in the semis against Djokovic. A Raoniv vs. Djokovic semi would be a nightmare, though.

Against Raonic you need to be 100 % focused all the time, because chances are very rare. Zverev always has those lapses during Bo5. So my brain says he is going to lose.

And now prove me wrong, sexy Sascha!

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Interesting quarter, because of the match-ups. Zverev is favourite in this match but I think Raonic has a better chance to beat Coric.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
It is a pretty open affair. Both of them can win it. I think it will depend on the small things.
How good will Milos serve vs how good Sasha returns and how clutch he is. WB 17 Sasha
had an aweful lot of bps missed which prevented him from winning the match in 3 sets.
Court and time will also be a factor. Another night session with colder conditions would make
it slower.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
This will be a very tough task for Sascha. Milos is on a roll these days and he is not playing like a Number 16 right now. He needs to be more consistent to have a Chance...

Milos in 5 Sadly...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The more exciting player to win. Therefore Raonic in 4.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I am giving Raonic a slight edge based on him being more experienced at slams, knowing exactly how to utilize his weapons and trusting them completely. It will be extremely hard for Sascha to break him imo. Also Milos' ground game is a bit underrated, he can pull the trigger on any lower quality ball from Sascha and cover the net well, so I think AZ will have some issues holding a game or two per set which is enough opening for Milos. Sascha will have to play consitently well for the duration of the whole match.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Zverev's H2H against Raonic, 1-1, including a 5 setter in Wimbledon. H2H against Isner 5-1, against Kyrgios 3-3. Reigning WTF champ over Djokovic. Even if Raonic is playing well, Zverev has enough to beat him. And vice versa. Based on form, have Raonic as the frontrunner, but we'll see.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
My beat is with Raonic who is less mercurial than Zverev in bo5

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Hard to say. I haven't watched Zverev live at all this week, and only saw a bit of Raonic vs. Wawrinka, so I can't judge too much on their forms. I'm happy with either guy winning though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts