Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Solid effort from Tennys in his adopted home city, which is Melbourne. And what a MP to wrap it up all.

Fabio had no answers.

·
Registered
22,255 Posts
That MP though

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
:worship:
Beautiful mb by Tennys!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I wanted Fogna to win as i like him. And would have been also a nice match vs Fed.
I think Fed will destroy Sandgren sadly, if he wins today.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Great match, Fognini hardly clowned but Sandgren was too clutch. Sandgren in this form is sort of like Tsonga, could honestly be more of a threat to Fed than Fog.

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Impressive display from Sandgren. With this kind of performance he will definitely have his chances in the QF, whether it's against Federer or Fucsovics.

·
23,946 Posts
That insane MP rally and ending to wrap it up. Sandgren seemingly was about collapse late in the match but he just used all his energy to push himself to end. Questionable form by Fognini though who seemingly didn't have the intensity to match the American. That being said Trollnini was in full form in the 2nd Set where he was down 0-4 but then recovered...only to have the troll fail as Sandgren was able to break to win that Set. At least Fognini didn't give up in next Sets and still kept it entertaining. Those angles from both players were amazing, especially that one FH CC from Sandgren. Great winners from both overall during the match.

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Sandgren was better today, he is legit playing top 20 tennis. Well done to him, he played the last 4 points of the match like a boss. I wonder why he is showing this level only in Melbourne, he could be a top 30 player with this kind of game.
As always, it comes down to mental fortitude. At least Sandgren got a Grand Slam where he feels at home (for the time being).

1 - 20 of 59 Posts