Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 21 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Good job Stan. Nothing unplayable about him of course, just a strong attacking game exposing Daniil's lack of aggressive peak level as well as a measure of mental discomfort, I wasn't surprised to see this happen.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
SLAMrinka back at it again, he was unplayable in the last 2 sets. Incredible tennis.
Awesome stuff indeed. Glimpses of Stanimal.
I wonder, Dull fans would have preffered Stan or Medveded in a potential Sf?
Ofc, that in case Dull overcomes King+Dominator combo, although i have my doubts as most likely he will be roasted soon.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I don't know about first three sets, but since tiebreak 4th set Wawrinka was bossing Medvedev and made him look hopeless. Either in rallies, some 30+ strokes or by getting him to the net and passing him at will. Only one doublefault in 5 sets from Stan, amazing stat !

GS win # 300 for Stan
18th GS QF

Medvedev still winless in 5-setters.

·
Registered
407 Posts
He was unplayable in the first set too. Disappointed for Daniil, he was not able to raise his level, but Stan probably played one of the best matches of his carreer. I think Medvedev would have beaten a lot of the other players in 4R, so his draw was not so good finally.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Oh Medvedev, didn't you learn from Djokovic? Too much pushing against Wawrinka, and you will awake the STANIMAL.

Just glorious 5th set. This firepower... not from this world. Such a beauty to see.

Wawrinka smells another title now. Oh what a beauty a Djokovic vs. Wawrinka final would be - its what tennis truly needs. Please make it happen - there are still so many empty jars in my schadenfreue museum that need to be filled with the tears of Djokovic tards.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Amazing stuff from Wawrinka. Excellent display of attacking tennis. Always focused, never let the scoreline get to him.
Medvedev's strokes are an eyesore, 5 sets of them are simply too much to handle.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Wawrinka slowly but surely is returning to being a top player, his last few slams were quite good. He is definitely one of the main favorites for the title. I think only roger or rafa can stop him, unless mugrinka shows up(which I doubt will happen at this point).

Reactions: enlightenedth

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Stan's forehand missing in set 2 and 3 didn't prevent him from regrouping and GOATing back at Medvedev. Both of them played well most of the match, Stan just hitting Med off the court in set 1 and 5.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Glad I got my prediction right. Wawrinka was flying under the radar, but I guess he will be on everyones radar from now on.

Really hoping for another Stan Novak AO classic

1 - 21 of 92 Posts