Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Dayum what a beat down. Federer probs won’t have it easy but I still think he can get it done in straights.

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
Fucsovics beating those who he has to beat, but flopping hard next against the very top players.
That's certainly business as usual in Marton's world.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Fucsovics beating those who he has to beat, but flopping hard next against the very top players.
how is he being treated by Hungarian press? Does he get the praise he deserves?

·
justice for all
16,251 Posts
Impressive indeed. In retrospect Shapo’s loss in R1 doesn’t look that bad at all. He just ran into a peaking opponent...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Paul's conditioning is nowhere near the elite level, he looked gassed vs Dimitrov and I'm dead sure his body wasn't fully recovered for today's match. It's a whole different ballgame and Paul still isn't part of it.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Paul's conditioning is nowhere near the elite level, he looked gassed vs Dimitrov and I'm dead sure his body wasn't fully recovered for today's match. It's a whole different ballgame and Paul still isn't part of it.
I mean, because of rain, he played 2 BO5 matches on consecutive days, they went 4 and 5 sets, the match vs Dimitrov went over 4 hours. Like none of this he've done before. Before this week he played one match that went over 3 hours in his career.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I mean, because of rain, he played 2 BO3 matches on consecutive days, they went 4 and 5 sets, the match vs Dimitrov went over 4 hours. Like all of this he've never done before. Before this week he played one match that went over 3 hours in his career.
Exactly, it's a complete new experience for him and he's not prepared for it. Even vs Dimitrov he looked on last legs

·
Registered
797 Posts
Maybe. But cor, he is one heck of a hunk of a man! It's nice to just get the chance to keep watching him tee hee!!!!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Happy for the Hungarian, he's earned another good slam result ? Given what's currently happening on RLA, wouldn't completely write off his chances in the fourth round either...

Last year I saw Coric easily beat Fucsovics here in a R2 match I thought would be far tighter. How much things can change in just a season, as I'd expect a different winner if they met now.

Reactions: swimmer

·
Registered
1 Posts
how is he being treated by Hungarian press? Does he get the praise he deserves?
He is mentioned in sport headlines in the online press after each main draw wins. From 2nd round his rematch with Federer is highly anticipated in press after some close losses in the last year. I think journalists are hoping in close win now. :) But I don't feel real hype, probably only if he could be able to win against Federer. I personally prefer it as majority of Hungarian players doesn't cope well with high media pressure.

·
Registered
17,831 Posts
Fucsovics isn't known to beat players he's supposed to beat (he can lose to pretty much anyone), if anything the opposite.

Nor were Shapovalov and Sinner players he "had" to beat.

Nor does he have a track record of flopping against top players. Actually, he's remained quite respectable against Djokovic.

I truly wonder how you come to say the stuff you think. Where is the origin?! Lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts