Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
justice for all
16,816 Posts
WTF? So has GOAT-rev finally arrived?
To tell the truth I fancy his chances vs fellow Russian in the next round.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Solid performance by Zverev, didn’t have to do much more than retrieve and occasionally pull the trigger as Fiasco did most of the job for him. It’s pretty miraculous anyhow that he managed to bring his better form here after the disaster at ATP cup, I fancy his chances against Rublev to make his first HC slam QF.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I started watching just after Verdasco broke for 4-2 in the third. After that he hit like 10 forehand errors and gifted the match.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I guess Zverev was solid here (still far too passive for my liking) and I think he played some good points here and there, but it was mostly about Verdasco playing goddamn awful. Don't blame him though, seemed like he was struggling with his knees big time.

Rublev next, I think Zverev has a pretty good chance of reaching the QFs without dropping a set with average tennis. Medvedev likely the end of the road, but the lack of aggression isn't as relevant in that match-up so who knows...

Reactions: Rumour

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I started watching just after Verdasco broke for 4-2 in the third. After that he hit like 10 forehand errors and gifted the match.
That's exactly how he badly he played in the first two sets. He was probably struggling with knee problems.

Reactions: POTUS Haase

·
Registered
19,199 Posts
Unfortunate timing with Nando's injury

·
MONSOON season.
82,272 Posts
Verdasco was an UE machine, but Zverev did look pretty good. Could be an entertaining encounter with Rublev (which I think he'll lose).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts