Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
David was up 2 sets and 3-1 and then he got injured and things got really complicated. he was down a break early in the 5th set. he could bare;y serve. had 12 double faults. i really thought he could go deep here but as the case for him when he's playing his best tennis an injury comes along and screws him. guy cant catch a break. its hard to see the match with rublev even being competitive now unless he can work out his hip issue in a day..which is unlikely.

he at least fought to win this one and defends his points from last year.thats the only positive

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
When a crippled Muffin is fitter than Herbert :lol:

Hope his injury was only a minor hindrance.

·
justice for all
17,443 Posts
I have a soft spot for Muffin. The guy can't catch a break with the injuries, that's a real pity. Maybe that's something that can be taken care of? Good win nevertheless.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
David was up 2 sets and 3-1 and then he got injured and things got really complicated. he was down a break early in the 5th set. he could bare;y serve. had 12 double faults. i really thought he could go deep here but as the case for him when he's playing his best tennis an injury comes along and screws him. guy cant catch a break. its hard to see the match with rublev even being competitive now unless he can work out his hip issue in a day..which is unlikely.

he at least fought to win this one and defends his points from last year.thats the only positive
Well, in the third set, David did not seem to be injured at all. He was 2 sets up, a break up, but lost a bit his focus as Herbert seemed to be unwell too.. So he put himself in danger, as he should have won in 3 easy sets. In any case, it was a very strange match...but I think it is just a small injury for David, in the final set, he was running a lot in some points. We need to hear what he is going to say.

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, in the third set, David did not seem to be injured at all. He was 2 sets up, a break up, but lost a bit his focus as Herbert seemed to be unwell too.. So he put himself in danger, as he should have won in 3 easy sets. In any case, it was a very strange match...but I think it is just a small injury for David, in the final set, he was running a lot in some points. We need to hear what he is going to say.
true enough, he should have won in 3. but this was not gonna go 5 without the injury

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How he won? I had to cash out during the 4th. Wow.
honestly, if he was against anyone else he'd likely have lost. but herbert is a headcase himsel. he broke david early in the 5th then donated it back with a double fault. then got broken in his next 2 games and there you go. david was also down 0-30 serving for it

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,834 Posts
honestly, if he was against anyone else he'd likely have lost. but herbert is a headcase himsel. he broke david early in the 5th then donated it back with a double fault. then got broken in his next 2 games and there you go. david was also down 0-30 serving for it
good luck in the recovery but yeah I fear he will just get eaten up by Rublev.

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good luck in the recovery but yeah I fear he will just get eaten up by Rublev.
so do i. hip issues dont usually go away in a day so he's unlikely to be fit 100% by saturday

i just hope it isnt something that persists beyond here and screws him in events going forward

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Even with 2 double faults in a row from Herbert in the fifth. Actually, the quality of tennis was very low in the fifth set. Herbert should have lead 3-1 or 4-1 at least but messed up and gave the chance to David to come back in the fifth. As David took an anti-inflammatory pill at the end of the fourth, the presents from Pierre-Hugues were welcomed, From 2-2 on and probably thanks to the pill David was a bit better than in the fourth set or start of the fifth.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
hopefully David will be fine and give us a cracking 3rd round match against the Vampire

Reactions: devision2002

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
David said he was lucky, but there is no injury, it is just because of the cold of the night that he started to feel his hip and adductor, but nothing important to worry about

1 - 12 of 12 Posts