Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
justice for all
17,936 Posts
Expected. Sinner is a talented player but still very raw and undeveloped. He'll face many bumps and setbacks on his road to greatness if he ever gets there. That's only normal at his age.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Kid could hardly walk with the massive blister on his left foot. No way he was going to go the distance. He'll get better.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Fucso will be a tough 4r for Federer, if the latter gets there. Nice win and predictable. Fucso is highly underranked and he is dangerous atm.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Marton is very underrated, in my opinion.

If he finds some consistency serving under pressure, he can be a regular top30 for a couple of years.

His match vs Stan in IW last year was amazing.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Marton is very underrated, in my opinion.

If he finds some consistency serving under pressure, he can be a regular top30 for a couple of years.

His match vs Stan in IW last year was amazing.
He didnt play bad also vs Federer last year in Dubai.
I repeat, if he faces Fed in 4th round, it will be a hard nut to crack.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
He didnt play bad also vs Federer last year in Dubai.
I repeat, if he faces Fed in 4th round, it will be a hard nut to crack.
Yeah, I saw that too. There is a set of tight matches from him last year that if he had won his ranking would be much better today.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I could not yet see Jannik playing this season but he played so many matches last fall to enter in the top 100 that this kind of setback could be expected. He still won his first main draw match in a GS and Marton beat Shapovalov in the previous round, so at his young age, it is not such a bad defeat, he still needs to learn a lot.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Disappointed to me yes, but very understandable.

Jannik will have to learn the hard way what it is to be the champion one day. That'll make him even better than what he would have been otherwise.

Or it may not make him any better, you never know for 100% certainty with these youngsters. Please do always remember how young they still are.

However, like I've said before, this kid has the mindset of a champion, so I do trust we'll see some good stuff and steady improvement from him during this year and the next.

Let's give him enough room for improvement, he deserves it, so great things may happen in the future.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Sinner won the match he was expected to so he's had a satisfactory tournament as far as I'm concerned, even if we as fans hoped he'd advance further.

Good to see Fucsovics regaining the fine form he showed a couple of years back ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope Fucsovics will have a few more fans by the end of AO. Whoever he plays he is always some mediocre guy who needs to be defeted by some up and coming player or any top ranked one. He has never been considered someone who can win anything big one day. (he has 1 small title already though)

·
Registered
755 Posts
I hope Fucsovics will have a few more fans by the end of AO. Whoever he plays he is always some mediocre guy who needs to be defeted by some up and coming player or any top ranked one. He has never been considered someone who can win anything big one day. (he has 1 small title already though)
Not mediocre - he's one of those dangerous floaters that can cause major upsets. He seems to be on a roll and the slow court conditions suit him fine (Fed better look out if they meet). I honestly don't know why his career is so unimpressive. One ATP 250 clay title and the guy is almost 30. Yet he has notched up impressive wins against a lot of top players.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not mediocre - he's one of those dangerous floaters that can cause major upsets. He seems to be on a roll and the slow court conditions suit him fine (Fed better look out if they meet). I honestly don't know why his career is so unimpressive. One ATP 250 clay title and the guy is almost 30. Yet he has notched up impressive wins against a lot of top players.
I do know after winning the Junior Wimbledon in 2010 he became (well) known in Hungary and it did not help him. He started going to party instead of focusing on his tennis career.
I really hope he still has a lot of year in him at top level and the best is yet to come....

·
Registered
942 Posts
Some of the hype around Sinner may have been exaggerated, yes, but he is a huge talent and will get more chances soon. Most of his best results last year came indoors, and his game is a bit more vulnerable elsewhere since he likes to play with small margins. However, I will be surprised if he doesn't continue climbing rapidly in the ranking. My guess is that the setbacks early this season are just some minor bumps.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
One of the rare occasions where tennis and humanity was going to win either way.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Windy, blister, not much to see here.

Sinner will skyrocket the rankings and be top 10 at the end of the year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts