Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21,641 Posts
Half man, half troll. I need a gif of that Fognini supporter shaking her head at Fognini's post-match celebration :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
There isn't a more entertaining player than Fognini on the planet ?

Reactions: enlightenedth

·
Registered
16,425 Posts
Nothing like seeing Fabio honest, and real... Not too prideful to try and get down in the trenches.

Lovely emotion after winning.

Reactions: enlightenedth

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
The Margaret Court 5-setter magic continues, still remember the 7 consecutive days with the last men’s match here going the distance last year ? Thompson played great tennis especially to save the first 4 MPs, but Fognini deserved the win at the end. He must have one of the highest 5-setter rates on tour, already 36 played in his career :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
What a scare dude, holy moly. Very entertaining match, but also very frustrating as a Fabio fan. A win is a win I guess.
Pella next.
Put 200 on him start of 5th ha.

Please get GIF of kiss to lines judge

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Fog was the better player, but Thompson was ultra clutch on saving the MPs and forcing this to 5 sets. I hope Fog still has enough energy for the next 2 matches. I think he's the only one in that bracket that can challenge Roger at all.

·
Registered
21,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The Margaret Court 5-setter magic continues, still remember the 7 consecutive days with the last men’s match here going the distance last year ? Thompson played great tennis especially to save the first 4 MPs, but Fognini deserved the win at the end. He must have one of the highest 5-setter rates on tour, already 36 played in his career :ROFLMAO:
  1. name | total | wins | losses
  2. -----------------+-------+------+--------
  3. Jan Kodes | 60 | 31 | 29
  4. Ivan Lendl | 58 | 36 | 22
  5. Ilie Nastase | 57 | 37 | 20
  6. Lleyton Hewitt | 57 | 32 | 25
  7. Guillermo Vilas | 52 | 29 | 23
  8. Roger Federer | 50 | 30 | 20
  9. Yannick Noah | 49 | 30 | 19
  10. Pete Sampras | 48 | 33 | 15
  11. Andre Agassi | 48 | 26 | 22
  12. Boris Becker | 47 | 32 | 15
Of course these guys played way more BO5 matches. By % he should be really high. I remember Ginepri played 4 consecutive 5 setter at USO and Robredo coming back in 3 consecutive matches from 2-0 in Paris.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Is Flavia ever in Fog's box? I never see her at his matches. Not like Rafa or Fed's wives who never miss one
Ehm she just gave birth to their second child like a month ago.

However I remember she was in the box in Monte carlo, so she might have to consider traveling anyway.

·
Banned
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ehm she just gave birth to their second child like a month ago.

However I remember she was in the box in Monte carlo, so she might have to consider traveling anyway.
You can drive from San Remo to Monte Carlo in less than an hour. That was an exception, I don't think she traveled with him elsewhere. Maybe she was once in Barcelona.

·
|
15,018 Posts
This is one of those rare matches where the guy who lost was actually extremely clutch.
For the first 12 games of the 5th Set, Jordan Thompson repeatedly saved break points with outstanding winners.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
There isn't a more entertaining player than Fognini on the planet ?
Yes Fabio is so special, it is good to have a "case" like him on the circuit. There is always something happening when he plays, either it's good or not. Now Pella, I like both players, but hopefully the winner of this beats either Querrey or Sandgren next.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,585 Posts
What a scare dude, holy moly. Very entertaining match, but also very frustrating as a Fabio fan. A win is a win I guess.
Pella next.
You're having a Kei AO 2019 moment there. Another 5 set win. Didn't expect Thommo to put up such a good fight though after the first two sets went against him.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Easy as always.

I am surprised there are Fognini's fans which described this as a scare...you are still not used to see that?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts