Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Fun match, really. Duckworth did give it a try and more than that. Playing extremely aggressive and rushing to the net, risking it on the 2nd serve and taking the ball early. Overall, very positive signs for Rafa. The serve was good, visibly flatter and harder, very few unforced errors (11) and a solid FH performance. For a first match after months of not playing, it's a very satisfying outcome.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Duckworth played much better than anyone expected I'm sure. Being matched against Nadal in the first round certainly isn't a lucky draw, but hopefully he can take a little pride in the result.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Spirited match from Duckworth making Rafa look pedestrian at the net at times.
He played as well as he could.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,632 Posts
Duckworth really really tried and put his foot on the pedal for much of the match, serving at 180 km/h average for second serves in the second set, but it was pretty clear who the winner would be.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Sleeveless Rafa is back! Who's next?

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Andy with a broken hip, on verge of retirement beat this mug easier than Rafa. Doesn't bode well for his chances.
Still, I admit I couldn't see the match so Duckworth might have played out of his skin, just that I never seen that happen.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
... Did the job in straights and no injuries to report in the aftermath apart from his hair which looked like utter crap.The transplant has run its course and now has clumps missing not only in the back but also the sides as well.

Duckworth will most likely be the first of the buffet of Aussies on offer to dine on for Rafa as he has Edben next and then most likely De Minaur.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Andy with a broken hip, on verge of retirement beat this mug easier than Rafa. Doesn't bode well for his chances.
Still, I admit I couldn't see the match so Duckworth might have played out of his skin, just that I never seen that happen.
yea Rafa's movement just isn't the same anymore... all else is solid but with opponents intent on going all out attack against him, there are shots he just doesnt get to anymore.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Did not watch the match, but any straight sets win at grand slams is a good win. Let's hope Rafa will finish his matches in the early rounds as quickly and shortly as he can and save his best for the semifinal and final.

Ebden next. ?????

og4nDYT-ni4

·
Registered
14,087 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
This result against that player is the exact opposite of the mood in this room..

It's good that fans are positive, but this result speaks differently to me. Any first round where Rafa gives away more than 7 to 9 games means he's having problems ahead.

De Minaur will be very, very difficult.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts