Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Khachanov with these heavy balls could be a threat to make the final. It will also be interesting to see what happens in the Tsitsipas-Lehecka match.

Registered
Oh God....:facepalm:

Registered
Why didn't Sebastian just try to hit 145~ kph average FHs if he was injured ? Not to mention injuries obviously get better the more you play and the harder you go, if Djokovic's injury is anything to go by. How stupid is Korda. He retired for no reason, he would have bageled Khachanov in the 5th set with how injuries work.

Registered
Its a shame to see Korda get injured like that. The match looked quite competitive prior to it, but I suspected that Khachanov might be the favourite considering the conditions. He really does well in indoor hard court conditions. Will be interesting to see what conditions the semifinal will be played in. If its played under a closed roof he has a good chance of making the final. If not, then I'm not sure if he will make it considering the fact that he could potentially face Tsitsipas.

Registered
This result just blows Istg. Poor Seb injured and tired whilst Karen plays hopeless Nishioka. :sobbing: :sobbing:

In all seriousness, he's a talented guy who works hard- he deserves the SF spot.

Registered
Should have just lost to Hurkacz. lol.

Registered
Its a shame to see Korda get injured like that. The match looked quite competitive prior to it, but I suspected that Khachanov might be the favourite considering the conditions. He really does well in indoor hard court conditions. Will be interesting to see what conditions the semifinal will be played in. If its played under a closed roof he has a good chance of making the final.
I was thinking along similar lines, remembering how well Khachanov played when winning the Paris masters title. Out of curiosity I checked his win percentage statistics, expecting to see better results indoors. To my surprise it turned out he has a much better win percentage on outdoor hardcourt than on indoor hardcourt.

Registered
These youngsters got ways to go in terms of endurance. With a whole different culture and priorities, not to mention social media and distractions, I really wonder if any of them will find a way to get to that champion level. He really would have to be a mental freak of nature in this cultural environment.

Registered
I was thinking along similar lines, remembering how well Khachanov played when winning the Paris masters title. Out of curiosity I checked his win percentage statistics, expecting to see better results indoors. To my surprise it turned out he has a much better win percentage on outdoor hardcourt than on indoor hardcourt.
Where did you find these statistics, just out of curiosity? I would be really interested to see them.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts