Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another epic victory for the talent.

Big FH return winner to seal it.

Tomic went to the absolute pits to dig this one out. Lucky for him tournament don't start in another 3 weeks hah

Every now and then he really works for it and doesn't mind going down in the dumps for it, and that was the case this qualifying.

He grinded out grueling and long games today, and as usual, won most of the swing games of the first set.

Crucial 1st set close-out game in which J.P. Smith fought off 4 SP's hitting many lines, and Bernie yelled out "fucking game!" ? after earning a 5th, which he took with a FH I/I winner.

·
Registered
59,351 Posts
Incredibly undeserved qualification for Tomic, who should have lost his last 2 matches. Choking saved him last match, the umpire saved him this time. Really feel for Smith.

·
Registered
21,904 Posts
Did it in style on MP with a return winner that went through the sound barrier

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Finished it off with a return winner, in style. :cool:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Smith was complaining about tons of calls towards the end of the third, but aren’t they all done with Hawkeye?

·
Registered
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Incredibly undeserved qualification for Tomic, who should have lost his last 2 matches. Choking saved him last match, the umpire saved him this time. Really feel for Smith.
The more talented and better player won, what are you mad about?

Reactions: Servebots=GOAT

·
Registered
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smith was complaining about tons of calls towards the end of the third, but aren’t they all done with Hawkeye?
This is some random outside court in qatar, you dont actually think they have live hawkeye right? Lol

there are a lot of linespeople there

·
Super Moderator
12,373 Posts
thought Tomic showed pretty good Defense thru this event, Serve hasn't looked like much of a weapon , he'll need an easy draw to start AO to go anywhere at all

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I think that the Tomic FH at *15-30 towards the latter stages of the third was wide, but honestly it's impossible to tell at that angle and video quality.

·
Registered
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The player who actually should have won this match (Though I agree he's less talented!) lost.
Not much sympathy because its tennis serving first/second system that creates those moments to begin with (if it was out, which it probably was by a couple centimeters).

Its just unfair for one player to have to serve second throughout the entire final set. It should be back and forth.

Tomic btw had to serve second ALL three sets.

·
Registered
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that the Tomic FH at *15-30 towards the latter stages of the third was wide, but honestly it's impossible to tell at that angle and video quality.
*BH actually. It was probably out just because he didnt have that penetrative shot or the DTL much at all^^

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
So you still can have a tennis career while drinking and fucking whores all day! I knew it!!!

Brace yourselves, people, because I'm going to launch my epic comback.

Imagine me roasting Nadal at Roland Garros while having a bottle of vodka during every break. Everything is possible!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts

1 - 20 of 60 Posts