Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

Registered
Musetti will be top 10 and GS finalist...Alcaraz Will be top 3 and m煤ltiple GS winner...
Mark my words.
Permaban me if Im wrong in 12 years 馃槅馃槅馃槅馃槅

justice for all
Musetti will be top 10 and GS finalist...Alcaraz Will be top 3 and m煤ltiple GS winner...
Mark my words.
Permaban me if Im wrong in 12 years 馃槅馃槅馃槅馃槅
12 years? That鈥檚 way too long for a bet. I think both will be grand slam champions when all is said and done.

Registered
Discussion Starter #45
Lol, as if I care. You were the one crying prejudice just because somebody had the gall to find Musetti more exciting than Alcaraz.
He is coming here with some superiority attitude and thinks nobody has the right to have a different opinion and we should all agree that Alcaraz is the best player in history. The guy has big issues. Extremist nationalist.

Registered
Meh, good achievement but let鈥檚 face it, he鈥檚 pretty fucking boring to watch.

Registered
Sure. Money is exactly what this 17 years old kid is thinking about right now. 馃槀
I mean, he might.

These first big paychecks gotta be really nice

Reactions: NextGenKing

Registered
Meh, good achievement but let鈥檚 face it, he鈥檚 pretty fucking boring to watch.
How is Alcaraz boring to watch? He is an offensive baseliner that loves to do dropshots and going to the net is a staple on his game. He's one of the most offensive returners on tour that I've seen in a long time.

He puts winners for fun and his forehand is amazing when he's on.

He's not as artistic as Musetti, I'll give you that, but it's a lot of fun watching him play.

How is Alcaraz boring to watch? He is an offensive baseliner that loves to do dropshots and going to the net is a staple on his game. He's one of the most offensive returners on tour that I've seen in a long time.

He's not as artistic as Musetti, I'll give you that, but it's a lot of fun watching him play.
I like watching him

Reactions: enlightenedth

Registered
Dellien and Daniel 2 lucky losers for now after random draw. Barrere and Dzumhur are waiting, but i think they have a lot of chances :)

Registered

Well I鈥檒l admit he was more offensive today than before. His clay court matches were horrendous to watch but he was better this match. His drop shot is still ass tho and so is his net game. His serve is cheeks too but he鈥檚 only 17 so you can give that more time to develop.

Registered
Well I鈥檒l admit he was more offensive today than before. His clay court matches were horrendous to watch but he was better this match. His drop shot is still ass tho and so is his net game. His serve is cheeks too but he鈥檚 only 17 so you can give that more time to develop.
No, he wasn't. He put 47 winners past Ramos and 35 past Coria in Brasil on the clay. He put 31 winners past Musetti with 7 dropshot winners.

Carlos has probably the 2nd or 3rd best dropshot in the world (Nole is probably better), and I have zero doubts about that, so it's clear that you haven't watched him play, his net game isn't bad either (wasn't good today, but he usually is). Serve is bad, that's true.

He's played far better matches than the one he played today. There's a lot of youtube videos on the kid, if you want to see how good is his drop, I reccomend watching the match vs Bonadio.

You can nitpick his backhand and sometimes his forehand leaks errors, but please watch him and then give your honest opinion.

Registered
No, he wasn't. He put 47 winners past Ramos and 35 past Coria in Brasil on the clay. He put 31 winners past Musetti with 7 dropshot winners.

Carlos has probably the 2nd or 3rd best dropshot in the world (Nole is probably better), and I have zero doubts about that, so it's clear that you haven't watched him play, his net game isn't bad either (wasn't good today, but he usually is). Serve is bad, that's true.

He's played far better matches than the one he played today. There's a lot of youtube videos on the kid, if you want to see how good is his drop, I reccomend watching the match vs Bonadio.

You can nitpick his backhand and sometimes his forehand leaks errors, but please watch him and then give your honest opinion.
Uhh I have watched him and I thought his backhand was one of his better shots. His ground strokes are his game pretty much. His drop shots all came back and some of them were at like the service line. There are definitely some better drop shotters than Faker anyway.

justice for all
Uhh I have watched him and I thought his backhand was one of his better shots. His ground strokes are his game pretty much. His drop shots all came back and some of them were at like the service line. There are definitely some better drop shotters than Faker anyway.
Not to mention a drop shot will never be the key shot in tennis. It鈥檚 not much more vital than a tweener except maybe on clay.

Premium Member
His return is pretty good for his age, needs to work on his serve though but it's almost sure he will make it to the top unless injuries derail him.

Registered
Haven't seen him since Rio, will keep an eye open for his match. Hopefully not vs Nadal who tends to teach these kids a painful lesson.

Registered
Not to mention a drop shot will never be the key shot in tennis. It鈥檚 not much more vital than a tweener except maybe on clay.
what now? A drop shot if good at it can be the game plan to an entire match (on clay)...

see Gaston successfuly using it last year against Stan and Thiem at RG.

Its a viable shot almost every rally (any surface).

Can't compare it to a tweener.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts