Mens Tennis Forums banner

Australian Open 2020 qualifying discussion

8K views 107 replies 39 participants last post by  umbrellapub 
#1 ·
The draw is finally out and the musketeers will start fighting for that MD spot that gets you atleast 63K USD.

I will edit the draw here once I get readable one but you can see it here

Ruusuvuori is the most interesting one to me. He has got Mena as his first opponent followed by Darcis/Benchetrit. Things get harder after that as Zhizhen Zhang probably awaits. That could be good one.

Tomic is set to play Kudla-Ivashka-Sela if he wants to make the MD. Obviously could end up playing someone else if he gets that far - Sela is way behind his past.

Cant wait for it to start :cool:

#108 ·
Safwat surprised me by taking out Donskoy and then was really competitive against Barrere as well. Maybe he has made some progress :eek:
He sure has. Got many good wins on all kind of surfaces last year. Too bad he couldnt win his first challenger title - led the final against Trungelliti by a set and break. Had a poor one in Bratislava only to reach final in Helsinki the next week (both indoor hard).

Didnt see his match against Barrere but looks like he let it go. Led 2nd set 4-0 and had every chance to take the 4th. Too bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.