Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Stakhovsky takes out Rola 7-6 6-4 :(
Very much expected result. I have watched Rola quite a bit since last summer and he has to be one of most overranked players. Been playing like a #400 for a good while now. Hope he can get his shit together because he used to be quite decent.

Ramanathan going out against Coria is a surprise. Ramanathan was playing decent against Ruusuvuori last week. Have I ever seen Coria play on hardcourt? I dont think so.

Klizan getting destroyed by Krstin probably the biggest surprise of the day. Klizan was playing challengers last week so would think he was looking to be serious here. Didnt see any of it so dont know what was going on though.

Now with Klizan and Lacko out of that section - it means someone is going to make a maiden AO MD appearance! :cool: Thats good. Gombos, Marcora, Ferreira Silva and Krstin will fight for it.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Aldo, to bad rudi is still Injured and cant play here
Fucking AO twitter had me confused big time here. They tweeted

I spent a good while wondering how is Molleker playing here. He doesnt have a WC.

Turns out its written in february 2019. No clue why they published it now making it look like its only just made. And reading the comments I wasnt the only one they had confused. Weird. o_O

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
I don't understand Fabbiano

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Interesting to note that all three WCs who played on day 1 qualified for the second round.
Kubler, Bouchier and Schoolkate the losing WCs from day 1 :p

Schoolkate served for straight-sets win against Varillas and led 3rd set 4-1 but lost eventually.

I thought Mott missed 2 years because of injuries but he just had hiatus. Interesting.

·
MONSOON season.
81,338 Posts
Very much expected result. I have watched Rola quite a bit since last summer and he has to be one of most overranked players. Been playing like a #400 for a good while now. Hope he can get his shit together because he used to be quite decent.

Ramanathan going out against Coria is a surprise. Ramanathan was playing decent against Ruusuvuori last week. Have I ever seen Coria play on hardcourt? I dont think so.

Klizan getting destroyed by Krstin probably the biggest surprise of the day. Klizan was playing challengers last week so would think he was looking to be serious here. Didnt see any of it so dont know what was going on though.

Now with Klizan and Lacko out of that section - it means someone is going to make a maiden AO MD appearance! :cool: Thats good. Gombos, Marcora, Ferreira Silva and Krstin will fight for it.
Not a surprise, for sure, but I wanted Rola to win. It's really a miracle to me how he collapsed so much.

The Klizan loss makes little sense. He must have been an UE machine, because there isn't much to Krstin.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’m so happy Jason Jung was able to win his first match :) It’d be cool to see him qualify here and make a run for the top 100

·
Registered
630 Posts
I’m so happy Jason Jung was able to win his first match :) It’d be cool to see him qualify here and make a run for the top 100
I would be okay with that. I'm just glad Jung got past Donald Young. I used to pull for the guy but I just can't anymore. After watching him live recently, I lost any respect I had for him. He is what, like 30, and he still hasn't figured out how to wear a hat correctly? So I guess his fall from grace should not be a surprise.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Lee/Giannessi is one of the most heartbreaking and cruel matches ever.

Absolute ball-less umps and organizers allowing Lee a knee rubdown massage down 0-4 in the tiebreak.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,089 Posts
I would be okay with that. I'm just glad Jung got past Donald Young. I used to pull for the guy but I just can't anymore. After watching him live recently, I lost any respect I had for him. He is what, like 30, and he still hasn't figured out how to wear a hat correctly? So I guess his fall from grace should not be a surprise.
:eek: hahaha

Doesn't he always wear it front on?
But I totally get the frustration of following the guy. He's such a tidal wave.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,089 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Darn. Chung's case is so sad. I nearly forgot he was on tour last season beating Cilic, Verdasco and Raonic among names.
I hate to hear this. This has to be one of Chung's favorite tournaments. What is it going to take for this guy to play anymore?

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Other List Updates
@OtherLists

Australian Open Qualifying update: OUT: Chung IN: Weintraub (ALT, will play against Musetti)
Fucking lol. Good old Weintraub.

My boy Escobedo beats Krueger after 3rd set TB. Won 10 less points overall and had to save multiple MPs during 2nd set TB but still got the job done. I pulled a kneeslide when Escobedo raced to a 7-4 lead during 3rd set TB only to find out its first to 10 :rolleyes: but all good everything in the end.

Troicki with a big lead over Klahn. Thats good. Brown lost 6-3 6-2 against Novak. Thats bad - is he on his way out?

·
MONSOON season.
81,338 Posts
Weintraub :ROFLMAO:

Gaio eating a bagel against Coppejans...
Darian King losing 2-6 2-6 to Diez is also not a good look.

Nice to see Griekspoor taking out GGL in such decisive fashion!

·
Registered
5,475 Posts

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
41 - 60 of 108 Posts