Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw is finally out and the musketeers will start fighting for that MD spot that gets you atleast 63K USD.

I will edit the draw here once I get readable one but you can see it here

Ruusuvuori is the most interesting one to me. He has got Mena as his first opponent followed by Darcis/Benchetrit. Things get harder after that as Zhizhen Zhang probably awaits. That could be good one.

Tomic is set to play Kudla-Ivashka-Sela if he wants to make the MD. Obviously could end up playing someone else if he gets that far - Sela is way behind his past.

Cant wait for it to start :cool:

·
Registered
177 Posts
What is the "Qualifier" slot in the qualifying draw?

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,885 Posts

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Chung/Musetti 1R.. then Copil, and then probably Laaksonen.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
#2, #4, #7, #14 sections too loaded.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would be a miracle if Kubler qualifies but I'm still hoping for it to somehow happen.
Tough one for Kubler but not impossible. Should be favourite against Bachinger and Fabbiano is far from great even if he has got a few good wins during his career. All 3QR should be beatable too.

That being said I dont know where Kubler is with his game. Didnt play for 6 months? Knees again?

The 10th section has 3 Slovaks battling it out. Klizan is the obvious favourite to come out of that but I wouldnt be shocked to see him have a shocker.

Facundo Mena actually beat Ruusuvuori on hardcourts last season. Went out to win his maiden challenger title too - on clay that was.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Time for Tomic to prove why he’s the GOAT and slap everyone around while counting his millions.
Any word what he has been doing lately other than counting his millions? He is an underdog against Kudla so I guess its safe to predict he hasnt been training too much.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Any word what he has been doing lately other than counting his millions? He is an underdog against Kudla so I guess its safe to predict he hasnt been training too much.
I haven’t heard much about him lately. That could mean he finally put his head down and started to work or perhaps do nothing at all. His ranking right now is godawful so maybe that’ll motivate him to win so he can earn the big bucks 😂

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
This year I just dont care all that much. The only players I'm really invested in are gulbis, hanfman and halys. Ofcourse ernie and yannick had to end up in the same section.

Where is pospisil?

Aldo, to bad rudi is still Injured and cant play here

·
Registered
287 Posts
Tough one for Kubler but not impossible. Should be favourite against Bachinger and Fabbiano is far from great even if he has got a few good wins during his career. All 3QR should be beatable too.

That being said I dont know where Kubler is with his game. Didnt play for 6 months? Knees again?

The 10th section has 3 Slovaks battling it out. Klizan is the obvious favourite to come out of that but I wouldnt be shocked to see him have a shocker.

Facundo Mena actually beat Ruusuvuori on hardcourts last season. Went out to win his maiden challenger title too - on clay that was.
Since July his only pro result is a R1 straight sets loss in Bendigo last week. But Jason is definitely used to long breaks like that.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts