Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
82,718 Posts
Jasika and Smith playing together after their grueling Q2 encounter :lol:

Bolt and Whittington have a lot of points to defend here. If they had to draw a seeded team, I can't imagine they're too unhappy with Draganja/Kontinen. Definitely a match they could win.

·
MONSOON season.
82,718 Posts
BTW Freddie Nielsen not even at the AO this year. Doubles ranking of #162.

·
Premium Member
21,326 Posts
I like Kla/Paes' draw :yeah:
Tough first round in Lipsky/Ram which should be a good start. First seed they face are Peya/Soares who they just beat last week.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I like Kla/Paes' draw :yeah:
Tough first round in Lipsky/Ram which should be a good start. First seed they face are Peya/Soares who they just beat last week.
No competition till SFs for them. All new pairings(quite inexperienced as a team) except Bryans and Marc/Marcel.

Which pairs to make it to SF? any thoughts?

·
Registered
89 Posts
No competition till SFs for them. All new pairings(quite inexperienced as a team) except Bryans and Marc/Marcel.

Easy draw?? :(
I see the opposite , very tough draw.
First round Lipsky-Ram , new pairing, really? They were SF or QF last year..Second round Jhonson- Querrey, two big servers...never easy.
Third round Peya-Soares....Granollers-lópez, bryans. Don't make me laugh.

Easy draw for other seeds.. but not for Klassen-Paes, of course.

·
Premium Member
21,326 Posts

It's definitely not an easy draw. All the teams they face are older than they are. And Peya-Soares is definitely a tough match.

I like their draw because I think it's one Paes' (over) competitive spirit can thrive in. And Peya/Soares is my least favourite 5-8 seed.

·
Registered
824 Posts
My comparison was to the teams well set. Just think, instead of these teams, how would had it been for them to play teams like Nestor/Zim or Linds/Tecau or someone who played together for years. I don't think these comparatively new pairings will be a problem to Paes/Klaasen.

Peya/Soares might give a competition, but i intuition sats Leander has enough luck and net play to make things to his way. Though Soares being a GrandSlam champ.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Real tennis finally starts today! :bounce: :devil:
I'm very curious, how will perform Bolt/Whittington, they have QF points to defend... Too bad they're playing against Draganja/Kontinen, I like both teams. :(

·
MONSOON season.
82,718 Posts
First doubles winners are Carreño Busta and GGL over Cermak/Vesely, 6-3 6-2. Very surprising scoreline IMO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dodig/Melo 7-6 6-2 over Begemann/Haase.
Happy that Zimonjic/Qureshi pulled it out against Kukushkin/Gabashvilli. Dont like this combination at all.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Easy draw?? :(
I see the opposite , very tough draw.
First round Lipsky-Ram , new pairing, really? They were SF or QF last year..Second round Jhonson- Querrey, two big servers...never easy.
Third round Peya-Soares....Granollers-lópez, bryans. Don't make me laugh.

Easy draw for other seeds.. but not for Klassen-Paes, of course.
Agree but but I feel Leander is experienced enough to make it amend the last year...Paye-Soares will be beaten I am sure...And Granollers-lópez is out of the tournament....So up to Semi Final we can think about...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Bhupathi/ jo jo melzer crashes out in first round. bad result again.
rohan/ nestor playing on court 8. and only 9 viwers on utube.
No one watch doubles tennis(?).

1 - 20 of 95 Posts