Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
This is a tournament that Andre did extremely well in. Champion in 1995, 2000, 2001 and 2003. Semi Finals in 1996 and 2004 and Quarter Finals in 2005. If Andre had played Australia before 1995 he would have won so many more titles. I really miss him, and believe he would have had a shot this year as the draw has really opened up!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Well I think Novak Did exactly what Andre woulda done, difference between Novak and Andre was really just that Andre was a senior citizen when he played Rafa and Fed, but andre took the ball even earlier than him and also hit alot of superior angles and down the line shots and changed the direction on the ball with ease, oH I guess his serve was weaker but Technology did boost his serve and he wasnt too bad with it. (plus his return was even better).

Also with a lower bounce this year and slightly slower court I think its perfect cos andre was short and it would help his slower bouncing flat shots :) plus if its slower he gets to more and has even more time to set up and place it even further from the opponent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts