Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this stage we still don't know if David will be fit to play, but we all hope he will. Seeing as the draw is taking place and he's currently still in the tourney, I think a new thread is in order.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Federer v Berdych
Blake v Gonzalez
Djokovic v Baghdatis
Nalbandian v Ferrer
Gasquet v Murray
Youzhny v Davydenko
Roddick v Robredo
Moya v Nadal

These are the projected last 16 matches if the draw goes to plan.
He's in the same quarter as Djokovic and is seeded to meet Ferrer in R4. Tough but you would expect that in a slam.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
I honestly have no idea who this Smeets guy is, but it's him David is playing in the first round. An Australian qualifier, so maybe the Aussies here know a bit more.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
David's section of the draw:
(10) David Nalbandian vs Robert Smeets
Mariano Zabaleta vs Peter Luczak
Alun Jones vs Alberto Montanes
Nicolas Kiefer vs (22) Juan Carlos Ferrero

(30) Radek Stepanek vs Vince Spadea
Qualifier vs Sergio Roitman
Santiago Ventura vs Juan Martin Del Potro
Edouard Roger-Vasselin vs (5) David Ferrer

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Nope, don't know anything about him except that he's from QLD, the same state as me. :lol:

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to seeing how the early rounds go.
It's okay. :lol:

He has a nice name though & hopefully will be nice & kind too, and will get out of the way easily.

:angel:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Someone during the draw ceremony said David's not planning to pull out of the tourney. Apparently he thinks he'll be fit enough to play. Let's hope it's true. :D

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
David's two opening matches do not look worrying.

He will face possible difficulties, taken into account that he is not fully fit, in the third round where he will most probably play either Nicolas Kiefer or Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Good luck, David. :bounce:

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
The first 2 matches are very easy so it is really a good draw as I think he will get fitter as the tournament goes on.

Please give it a try David. Go Go Go! :D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
He has a decent draw, his first two rounds are not worrying and his third round is not that bad either. I don't think either Kiefer or JC have the weapons to hurt a fit Dave...fit being the keyword here. But a Nalby/Ferrero match in the third round sucks for me personally. :( I don't want either of them to leave the tourney at that early stage.
In the end, I just hope he will play. He could still withdraw.

·
Registered
414 Posts
not a bad draw compared to many other players...hopefully as you say he'll get some match practice in the first 2 "easy" matches and get fitter before he meets someone like ferrero or ferrer :scared:
that of course if he played!!
Vamos David

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Yeah, first two rounds are good which usually wouldn't be that important under normal circumstances, but given the injury, it helps.

I can see why Jerry likes this draw since Ljubicic needs all the help he can get to reach the 4th round and that would be an excellent and rare achievement for him.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
just looked in to David's section (Nr 2 of draw)

i find it most difficult: lot of strong guys ...
for example:

Novak Djokovic
Lleyton Hewitt
Marat Safin
Marcos Baghdatis
David Nalbandian ;)
Nicolas Kiefer/Juan Carlos Ferrero
David Ferrer
winner of this section will be most "trained" for next round

wish it would be Dave :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm not overly ecstatic at the possibility of a 4th round meeting with Ferrer. But as long as he's fit, I'm sure David is ready and motivated to deal with the draw he's been dealt.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Good news that David's first match is on Tuesday so he has one more day to rest and be fit.
That is somewhat lucky. An extra day could be what he needs. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts