Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be that Flo pulled out of the tournament. He was replaced by LL Rik De Voest.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Saw that as well. Wish players would toughen up, it's becoming a bit of a joke. Players nowadays are so precious. What exactly is Mayer trying to get fit for? Indian Wells. Too many injuries here in Melbourne. As a a guy who can afford to watch players live, it becomes very irritating. Love too see poor little Florian have a rumble and tumble in a local rugby club.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Didn't Flo pull out from his last tournament because of injury? So he's not trying to get fit for the next tournament, he's just not fit for the current tournament. Or you prefer him to hobble onto court and took a triple bagels so that afterward MTF can have sth to complain about how Mr. Mayer is unprofessional for taking the court without being able to play (and I'm sure that will be at least 3 pages of complaints for that). I'm sure a paying audience won't prefer a non-competitive match due to an injured participant. I would think players prefer to play and make $ instead of being sidelined, unless they really can't play. Anyways, I hope Flo gets well soon and so we can see him on court soon.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Saw that as well. Wish players would toughen up, it's becoming a bit of a joke. Players nowadays are so precious. What exactly is Mayer trying to get fit for? Indian Wells. Too many injuries here in Melbourne. As a a guy who can afford to watch players live, it becomes very irritating. Love too see poor little Florian have a rumble and tumble in a local rugby club.
:silly: Mayer has been injured for quite a while, it already was a question whether he'd be able to play at the AO. Not much of a surprise his withdrawal. Get well soon, Flo.

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
How many times are you going to tell us you can afford to watch live tennis? Newsflash! It's not that a big a deal and it makes you sound like you have a serious inferiority complex.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
The tennis season continues to grind guys into dust.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
De Voest, Lu, Serra, Darcis - quite funny part of the draw. I have no idea who will make the 3rd round here.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Oh no. Now that the favorite is gone, this tournament is wide open.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts