·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Adrian :hug:

Good job Delpo

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Mannarino had so many chances, he could have won this match, Delpo still nowhere near his 2009 form, making too many UE, his serve still WTA level, he hit few 1st serves over 200km/h, his fastest was 206. Also he looked tired to the end, really that serve and stamina needs to improove, good victory for him, but first guy who will play better than Mannarino will send him home.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
I sense another demolition at Olderer's hands a la AO 2009

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Very slow and bad start from JMDP, glad he got his act together after that pathetic first set.
Impressive attempt by Mannarino, sadly (for him) he was unable to take his chances when they came.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Del Potro almost looked distressed after the first set, I'm a little surprised he pulled it together so well. Even in poor form he should still make at least R4, likely QF and I wouldn't count him out at that stage.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Wasn't great but wasn't exactly awful either. Draw is good though so lets just hope he plays himself into some decent form. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Slow start but Mannarino played a very decent game and some of his returns were awesome, very deep and fast. Not an easy opponent at all, delpo needs to put more intensity and play with much more aggression, he has the game to do it.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Mannarino played better than I expected from the scoreline
But Delpo was always going to have too big a game for Adrian

Good win for Juan...:) He will get better with the matches

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Del Potro has got to work on that fitness, looks like he might fall apart if facing a fit opponent in a day time session during the next week

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
good to see that del potro is still hungry

not nalbandian-hungry but i mean win-hungry

·
Registered
3,236 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Lol, who the hell asked this question? What about Roddick and Ferrero?

Q. Are you conscious of being, yourself and Lleyton Hewitt, the only two outside the big three who knows what it is to win a Grand Slam?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yeah, but I think the favorites are the same like always. The top four guys is the favorite for this tournament. Also you have many dangerous player who can beat everyone, like Monfils, Tsonga, Roddick, Mardy Fish, ans Ferrer as well. Everything can happen.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lol, who the hell asked this question? What about Roddick and Ferrero?

Q. Are you conscious of being, yourself and Lleyton Hewitt, the only two outside the big three who knows what it is to win a Grand Slam?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yeah, but I think the favorites are the same like always. The top four guys is the favorite for this tournament. Also you have many dangerous player who can beat everyone, like Monfils, Tsonga, Roddick, Mardy Fish, ans Ferrer as well. Everything can happen.
Journalists who don't know anything about Tennis and are fed scripts for them to use. Let me guess...it was a woman? IF so then she was hired because she has a nice rack or something.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts