Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the draw came out this morning, and if i remember correctly (sign of an ultra lazy poster...) arnaud will play rainer schuettler in the first round. it's right near the bottom of the draw.

people are speculating that roger will request a tuesday start... meaning that rafa's (and thus arnaud's) half will start first on monday. so..... he'd better find a way to beat mr. schuettler, cos i won't be there in time on monday.

ps. where's everyone? new year holiday still? happy new year!:angel:

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
Arnaud was training today [I came in here because I saw this thread was the most recently updated!] with Bruno and some french guy...actually I dunno who he was. He had the sunscreen all over the tattoos, working on the tan. He mustn't have been doing too great because by the end his racquet was thrown at the fence behind him! Didn't get any photos as I was besotted with Thomas Johansson and Magnus Norman. :lol::wavey:

·
Registered
6,068 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arnaud was training today [I came in here because I saw this thread was the most recently updated!] with Bruno and some french guy...actually I dunno who he was. He had the sunscreen all over the tattoos, working on the tan. He mustn't have been doing too great because by the end his racquet was thrown at the fence behind him! Didn't get any photos as I was besotted with Thomas Johansson and Magnus Norman. :lol::wavey:
'baghdatis' on the aust open forum claims that he's got that racquet. i've made him an offer :lol:

gee his foul mood has extended from sydney to melbourne! lol

:wavey: catch up later if i run into you next week!

Je suis la!

Yup, Schuettler. Their H2H is 1-3, Rainer.

If I don't expect him to win, I won't be disappointed :rolleyes:.
schuettler hasn't done much lately, has he? guess they are well matched :tape:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Yes I saw Him :lol:

Sunscreen all over his tats and my dad was like WTF? :lol:

And guess who ended up taking the smashed racquet home ;)

ME!! :D

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clement v schuettler 1st up at show court 3 on monday. nice of the organisers to put them there, since neither is seeded, or australian :lol:

allez arnaud.... you better win this one! :mad:

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I saw Him :lol:

Sunscreen all over his tats and my dad was like WTF? :lol:

And guess who ended up taking the smashed racquet home ;)

ME!! :D
:mad:how dare you come here and brag about it???? we worship him on a pedestal here, including his broken racquets!

:p:p

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
via- just sent u an SMS but how long are u going to be in melbourne for? i'll be there for arnauds match in the morning... hopefull he can get thru so u can see him on weds!

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Nice to see you back here Esther ! :wavey:

·
Premium Member
18,843 Posts
Show court 3, I'm hoping the Dutch channel will show something of that match :) They always show the smaller courts if I don't want to see them, so hopefully they'll also show it with a match I do want to see :p

Alle Arnaud! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
clement v schuettler 1st up at show court 3 on monday. nice of the organisers to put them there, since neither is seeded, or australian :lol:
well they are both former finalists... maybe they didn`t forget about it. Although I am German I will cheer for Arnaud! I just love that guy

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If I don't expect him to win, I won't be disappointed :rolleyes:.
:worship:
And when was the last time Arnaud was doing well in Australia, in 2001? :eek:

allez arnaud.... you better win this one! :mad:
Yes, it's indeed quite surprising to see this encounter placed at show court 3! Could be a good chance to get a coverage, but since it's one of the opening matches I guess they will rather start it from the main courts.
Good luck to Arnaud and I suppose he'll be around even in case of a loss because it's unlikely he'll skip doubles there.

Great time at the Open to everyone who is going :wavey:

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well they are both former finalists... maybe they didn`t forget about it. Although I am German I will cheer for Arnaud! I just love that guy
:yeah:

aussies must have longer memories than most others lol

anyway i'm following live scores (stupid fool that i am, could be sitting there with esther right now :( )

looks like rainer has broken 5-3 :(

·
Registered
701 Posts
:yeah:

aussies must have longer memories than most others lol

anyway i'm following live scores (stupid fool that i am, could be sitting there with esther right now :( )

looks like rainer has broken 5-3 :(
Hi Esther and Via! :wavey:
I'm lucky enough to have access to a livestream so I'm watching it. Seems like he has a lot of supporters there.
Orange shirt and new sunglasses.

·
Registered
701 Posts
When are you guys going to Melbourne?

So, now it's a white shirt and blue bandana. He keeps putting sunscreen on is face at each changeover... then has to clean his sunglasses each time--after time is called. Oh, and of course he's complaining about movement in the stands and line calls. No ball kid abuse. Yet.

I have to say that the duck or goose, some type of bird which I hear in the background, would really distract me if I were playing.

·
Registered
701 Posts
ha ha ha they just showed some girls with fake owl tattoos!

Well, this doesn't look good (nor for Tommy Robredo!), so I hope you can see him again practising!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts