Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sandgren peaking in January again. He reached final without dropping a set and has been broken only by Marterer.
2nd ATP final for him, lost against Johnson last year in Houston (very winnable match, Johnson was cramping iirc).

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I didn't see the match, but the win and especially the score is shocking to me :eek: I'm behind Norrie for the win. Since Norrie was born in NZ it would be a really special title for him to win :)

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I know Sandgren isn't the most popular player but he sure is playing very well here, no doubt about it. For me he has the better chance in the final for a maiden title but we'll see if he can keep this level up for another match.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
raised
He was born in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Gee sorry about that I read an article that said he was born in NZ. Not only does word spelling in articles not get proof read any more, but facts don't get proofed either now :sad: So he was born in South Africa, raised in NZ, and plays for GB. It is still a shame he didn't win the title.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Watched the match. Sandgred started slowly, but once he got going it was all him. Dude has improved his conditioning a lot, a few years ago he wasn't even close to what he's doing now defensively. The way he is playing I can even go as far as saying he could reach a match vs Federer at AO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts