Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JCF is through to his 27th career final. Vamos Juanqui :worship:. It's time to end that long title drought. I was very nervous when he couldn't convert his first 3 match points (double faulting on match point #2), but thankfully he got the job done at the 4th attempt.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
:bounce: Way to go JC!!! end the drought!!!

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Very well played. :yeah:

The quality of tennis in this match was the best we've seen in this tournament so far. Some intense rallies with Benneteau actually on top for long periods but couldn't convert his opportunities and JCF raised his game at the right moments.

Above all it's so good to see JC controlling the rallies with his FH again. But he still needs the confidence to flatten out his shots when he's in a tight situation. He was relying too much on nervous play from Benneteau.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
VAMOS JUANQUI! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

His FH was just fireing today, and the BH pass he broke Benneteau's serve with in the first set was brilliant!
Shame about the stream not working towards the end of the match.
JC trounced Kohli in straight sets at RG 2006, but the German is a much better player now and must be brimming with confidence after trashing in-form Monaco.
But if JC can keep up the level of play he showed us today, there will be only one winner! :yeah:

Good luck JC tomorrow! :yeah:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
It's been so long! When was his last final, even? 2005 Vienna l. to Ljubicic? I know 2003 TMS Madrid was his last victory on tour.

To be honest, I think Kohl will beat him. I like them both, but at least Phil grabbed a title last year. I'm not sure Juan Carlos will be mentally strong enough to pull it out, but hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Win or lose in Auckland, he got one hell of a tough AO draw with Kiefer :eek: :shit:, Nalby, Ferrer, Djokovic, Hewitt, Safin, and all those guys.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Yes he lost to Willy in Costa do Saoipe last year and to Roddick in Cincy 2006.

Start 2008 with a title, JC! :rocker2:

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
VAMOS JUANQUI!! :dance: :dance:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Well done, Juanqui! :hatoff:
Hopefully this effort will culminate in a well-deserved title.

Good match (followed it on live stream while waiting for MTF to reload every time so I saw pretty much of it :fiery: :lol:), a lot of great rallies. Nice to see the Mosquito's FH working well again. He had some lucky net balls as well, BTW.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
plz win the title!!!! we have waited too long!!!! :hysteric:

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
GO JCF GO, you can do it man:D!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts