Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see the whole match, but from what I saw, Humbert played well and Isner was really poor, maybe the American suffered from a cold - he showed some signs of that at least (like holding his hand against the nose before serving a couple of times). Isner's stats on return was bad, even for his standards. Humbert lost only two points on serve in the second set and went 38 out of 38 on first serves for the match, that is Isner didn't win a single point against Humbert's first serve. And it was not like Humbert was serving out of this world, he only hit four aces for the match. But anyway, the young Frenchman played well, and no doubt he has a shot at his maiden title, no matter who he gets in the final - Paire or Hurkacz.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Isner has been out of form since his comeback after his injury last year, so no surprise here again.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Happy for Humbert ?

The little I saw of Isner at ATP Cup (vs Medvedev) was not impressive to put it mildly, he's not going to win much this year with that kind of form.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Isner's in a lot of trouble. Most of his points are between now and Miami. He could drop to 50 if he doesn't repeat his Miami performance. There's a real chance there could be no Americans in the top 30, and no seeded Americans for the French open, something that's never happened in tennis history before.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Shit that was pitiful. Couldn’t even win a single point off Humberts first serve. Not like humbert has a kyrgios like serve either. Even for his standards, that performance on return was cheeks. Not gonna go past round 2 or 3 if lucky playing like that.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Isner has been out of form since his comeback after his injury last year, so no surprise here again.
Isner's in a lot of trouble. Most of his points are between now and Miami. He could drop to 50 if he doesn't repeat his Miami performance. There's a real chance there could be no Americans in the top 30, and no seeded Americans for the French open, something that's never happened in tennis history before.
Yea from what I have seen hes playing shit tennis - worst I have ever seen from him. The baseline game is something else. I didnt watch his match against Humbert but I fully believe that its a correct stat saying Humbert won 100% 38/38 of his first serve points.

Good thing for Isner is that he has Monteiro and a qualifier after that @ AO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts