Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Auckland Round 1 "Chris" Benoit Paire kills Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-3 6-2 in 60 minutes

Fererro :help:

I think it was something like 17 - 3 in forehand winners and 9 - 0 in backhand winners.

Also, Paire only served at 48% first serves. If he gets up to 70% + first serves, he will beat top 10 players.

Only concern is he looked a little unfit in some of the ralies, breathing heavily.

In saying that, not much Fererro could have done. But he needs to retire soon, he cant foot it with these young guys power. Some good moments from Fererro though.

·
Premium Member
20,674 Posts
Re: Auckland Round 1 Benoit Pierre def Ferrero 6-3 6-2

:sad::sad:

·
Registered
582 Posts

AMAZING performance by Paire, just unbelievable.
If he can keep this level up we will have a lot of fun this year.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

Benoit is just fucking ridiculous in every sense of the word. That match was just an exhibition in how to hit winners from every single part of the court. Aces, unreturnables, dropshots, volleys, drop volleys, serve and volley, backhands, forehands, angles, return winners, and so on. :lol: Such an insane talent.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts

:woohoo:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Auckland Round 1 "Chris" Benoit Paire kills Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-3 6-2 in 60 min

I think French tennis might be set to have a great year.

Gael and Tsonga in Doha final, and 2 young Frenchies today beating top 50 player and former number 1.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Re: Auckland Round 1 "Chris" Benoit Paire kills Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-3 6-2 in 60 min

Good stuff from Paire, but quite atrocious from the former Mosquito.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

JCF wasn't playing well, especially towards the end, but I suspect that had a lot to do with Paire.

This guy is the fastest 6'5'' guy I've seen and makes Raonic look like he's wearing snow shoes. He's quicker than Berdych even I'd reckon.
He seems to have great power and touch today- why hasn't he had more success before?

·
Registered
582 Posts

He seems to have great power and touch today- why hasn't he had more success before?
Because he is the biggest headcase of all time. You have no idea! :D
And yes, he is one of the fastest and best movers on tour which is outstanding for his heigth.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

JCF wasn't playing well, especially towards the end, but I suspect that had a lot to do with Paire.

This guy is the fastest 6'5'' guy I've seen and makes Raonic look like he's wearing snow shoes. He's quicker than Berdych even I'd reckon.
Because he's insanely talented but batshit crazy. He makes Monfils look like a well-rounded, mentally strong and sensible player. Seriously.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

Because he's insanely talented but batshit crazy. He makes Monfils look like a well-rounded, mentally strong and sensible player. Seriously.
:haha: ouch! Why are the French all head cases? I love watching them, and then they implode.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts

He makes Monfils look like a well-rounded, mentally strong and sensible player. Seriously.
:spit:

This is unfortunately true

·
Registered
363 Posts

Such a shame for JCF. He'll bounce back

·
Registered
3,236 Posts

Sad.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts

Eat that beatdown, JCF :yeah:

I thought Paire had played a great match when I saw the scoreline but after seeing it taped, Benoit didn´t have to do much, JCF just sucked

·
Registered
19,325 Posts

Paire will be the newcomer of the year

·
Banned
6,118 Posts

Future Slam winner.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts