Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts
I guess Ferrer is too old these days to sustain fitness. He won't be at AO right?

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Calf injury, he left the court crying :sad:
@MWW Buenos Aires, Acapulco, Barcelona and Madrid, if he is even able to...

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Madrid is definitely on the cards. It’s his last tournament he’ll play there. The rest I’m not sure

·
Your visions will happen
47,123 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I hope he can retire in Madrid or Barcelona.

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
Damn, seeing the video posted above makes me wanna cry. What a sad way to go out. He started the year playing really well and I felt that he had a good chance to go deep here in Auckland. But sadly his body can't take the grinds of tennis anymore. I think this was Ferrer's final match. I don't see him coming back from this injury in time for Madrid. It looks like a bad injury. What a sad end to a brilliant career. You will be missed Ferrer. :crying:

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Ferrer might not have the best career a player can have in terms of big matches/tournaments won, but he's a great example of giving your best, each and every day, and reaching the top without a huge amount of talent. It was so sad to see him leave the court like this. I hope he can play a couple more memorable matches.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I really hope he can play again in the clay season to have a deserved retirement in his country.
I admire this guy, even though he doesn't play the style I enjoy the most watching.
He always gave everything he had, having to play in the same era of 3 of the top 5 (probably top 3 when everything is said and done) players of all time.
Maybe not the most skillful player, but definite one of the bravest out there, never gives up, always fighting, always one more ball.

He will be missed

·
Registered
519 Posts
Never imagined a fit guy like Ferrer, who used to play so many tournaments every year could break down like this. Hope he gets to play one last tournament in Spain.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
This is terrible. Hopefully that's not how it ends for Pics. He deserves a proper farewell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts