Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benoit outplayed Italian in this one, bar that choke vs Anderson his start has actually been good.
Could enter Top 20 with some good results.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Go Paire go . Are there any fans of him ? Anyway good start for benoit. Although he does relatively good on 250s generally . Time to man up , it's long overdue

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Talented young newbie loses to mediocre seeded vet in 3. "The sky is falling, Sinner will never win anything?"

·
Registered
834 Posts
Benoît Paire on IG after his win against Jannik Sinner in Auckland:

“Good win today against a future great. Later in life I’ll tell people I beat him once in my career... Good luck to him for what’s next.”

Stolen from Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sinner's opening match draws this year have literally been the worst possible.

Canberra (Bendigo): SInner is seeded and in his 1st match he draws easily the most dangerous floater (and eventual finalist).

Auckland: Sinner draws the highest seed he could have in the first round.

At the AO he deserves Ito or someone like that.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,562 Posts
Go Paire go . Are there any fans of him ? Anyway good start for benoit. Although he does relatively good on 250s generally . Time to man up , it's long overdue
FlameOn

His mercurial nature makes it hard to really go all out.

I'm not surprised that Sinner fell to him. Paire has tricks and can play on your nerve.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Only caught the last few games... Sinner had chances to get back on serve in the decider but Paire held his nerve well and played those BPs well. The youngster himself showed mental strength down 2 MPs on serve at 3-5 but couldn't pressure the Frenchman enough in the final game.

Benoît Paire on IG after his win against Jannik Sinner in Auckland:

“Good win today against a future great. Later in life I’ll tell people I beat him once in my career... Good luck to him for what’s next.”
Paire was very complimentary of Sinner in the postmatch interview, calling him a future top 10 player. Confident his prediction is more likely to come true than Eurosport's :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts